Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: i might be creating a tracker

YAY FOR TRADING/! BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    let me start off my saying that this won't be the next super-secret invite-only (well, it might be invite only at some point) 0day tracker with a different agenda, just read what i have to say ...

as you may or may not know, i am a huge fan of stand-up comedy: anyone from eddie izzard to buddy hackett to george carlin to richard pryor is good in my book, but i do not see a niche tracker for only stand-up comedy

i was thinking, if i did create a tracker for stand-up comedy, to start small; maybe 2,000 or 3,000 members open signup, and then invites after

what do the rest of you think about this?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    SceneLOL's Avatar Hi. BT Rep: +1
    sounds good.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Annoyed's Avatar Gamer BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Wow, that is an excellent idea. I've been looking for a tracker that is dedicated to this kind of comedy, but never found one. If one was to be made, I would definitely become a member. And upload any stand up that I can find.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    10 HUT! BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    I think I could help out in any way possible th0r. That's a tracker I would definitely use.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Poster
    I would love to join this. But I don't really have any stand-up movies. It's a good idea though

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Nemrod's Avatar Buffering my life BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Iīd like it, and for sure Iīd join to that site, I like comedy, all types.

Besides, in my humble opinion, the torrent world is full of 0day trackers, DVD trackers, TV trackers, etc. and at the end of the day you get the same thing in hundreds of sites. But what you are thinking itīs something I have not being noticed that it has been already made.
    Something I donīt know if there is enough releases of that type, or even sources to make them, but knowing your reputation and trajectory I assume that if you are posting this itīs because youīve pre-viewed the situation from every corner.
    So, I know this could mean nothing to you, but you can count on me.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    This is a great idea, I would definitely be interested in joining.
    I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    YAY FOR TRADING/! BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemrod
    Something I donīt know if there is enough releases of that type, or even sources to make them, but knowing your reputation and trajectory I assume that if you are posting this itīs because youīve pre-viewed the situation from every corner.
    oh believe me, i think i can fill my tracker with at least 300 torrents of every kind of comedy mediums: live sets, movies, dvdrs, audio, interviews, etc.

try and remember all the stand-up comedy that the pig had, and take all those torrents to my tracker ... you'd have a lot of torrents just from that, and then some from user uploads

i agree, there are too many trackers that can easily be boiled down: standard broadcast tv shows, hollywood movies, lossy music, and pr0n; i want my tracker to be a breathe of fresh air at the end of the day that doesn't try to compete with anyone else; just a combination of good laughs between members and high-quality user uploads (scene or not) for all to enjoy would be what i would try to aim for

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    I think it's a great niche to get into as far as starting a tracker. I'm also a huge Richard Pryor fan. He was my favorite comedian of all time and the best in my list and number one on the 100 top comedians of all time.

Just make sure you have a great tracker name that WORKS. A great but yet simple design (Header banner or/and Logo) to attract users examples, iTS, FTN, and Scl. You obviously want a great team of staff. Also make it a 100% comedy tracker. Going 10 steps above Myspleen would be smart. Hope it works out for you man.
    Last edited by grimms; 04-03-2008 at 04:51 AM.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    SAM's Avatar Fst philosopher BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    nice idea but why don't you add more categories things that we are missing like fiction ebooks and real documentary content.
    i wish you the best and don't forget to invite me

For Serving Community

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast