Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: trade invites for everything

Quote Originally Posted by znik View Post
    Polarbear I totally agree with you, but it's not a new trend.

Trading for seedbox access is one of the most common things for ages and it's the reason many trackers have shut down their invitation system.

I couldn't think of another reason for a member of an top tracker to trade his invites for anything else other than money or seedbox access.
    Sex, maybe?

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    barakokula's Avatar hard to thrill BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    here's my appeal: don't let invites become a currency!
    I think that ship has already sailed. At about that time when someone made WIAW list.

From economic standpoint i see no difference in trading 'invite for invite' from 'invite for sth closer to real money' like rs acc or seedbox. Getting invite takes time and money. Time costs money,so it's basically money. You need to spend more money to have invite rights on ie. bmtv than on goem. How much more,you don't know. You need an official exchange rate. FST provides that. Then you're all set,trade on. It's very simple and efficient. And i don't see any problem in it.
    It's the user,the guy who spends time and money(through bw) that makes a tracker alive,not the sysop/moderator guy. If he doesn't have the time to make "friends" on a boards like these,and wants to be a member of some other site,why not use that "invested money" to do so.
    It's human nature,why go against it. Escpecially on a 'offical invite exchange rate' boards. There are much more nicer places on the net to discuss that.

Declaring yourself anti trader,against it and then post all the time in those boards....is funny,in a lack of a better word.
    And the giveaway crowd(anti-traders of course )....you're not fooling anyone. Of course,there is a MINORITY of them that do it for the true reason,they deserve respect.
    Last edited by barakokula; 04-04-2008 at 11:16 AM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    well selling invites or getting seedbox access in exchange for an invite or other things is just the same..
    i dont see how anyone could disagree here.. but i am sure we have some hypocrites here

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Swift's Avatar twat BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    this day`z they trade about everything for an invite !

the worst is that some guys trade for mone or other financiar privilegies :|
    Last edited by Swift; 04-04-2008 at 11:29 AM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Hrvoje's Avatar mr. nice guy BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    /i trade sex for invites
    Need FTN,FSC

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    I happen to feel that people who have bought seedboxes are either lazy, or have cash on the side which they don't have much to do with it..

I've been torrenting for about 2 years, and not once have I ever needed the use of a seedbox to keep my ratio well over 1.5.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    BANNED BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by tralalala View Post
    I happen to feel that people who have bought seedboxes are either lazy, or have cash on the side which they don't have much to do with it..

I've been torrenting for about 2 years, and not once have I ever needed the use of a seedbox to keep my ratio well over 1.5.

Depends on your home connection man...what you say cannot be taken as a common true.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Peanut's Avatar DOWNLOAD EVERYTHING
    Let The Polar Bear Speak !!!

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by fOrUmAs View Post
    People can do whatever they want ... if people can find the way how to cover the cost of SB i dont see any problem here
    Quote Originally Posted by barakokula View Post
    If he doesn't have the time to make "friends" on a boards like these,and wants to be a member of some other site,why not use that "invested money" to do so.
    It's human nature,why go against it.
    i have a question for both of you:

what about selling invites/accounts on ebay or for direct money transfer via paypal. would that be ok with you?

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    It's similar to donating for invite vs buying an invite from ebay. There are both sides of it but the side that matters to me is what does the tracker has to say about it. For example: there are plenty of tracker which has donate for an invite...and i am okay with that...at least when i am in that site. Meanwhile, some site have donate for GB (in a way u are buying something right?) and some allow trading.

Similar is with this thing "trading seedbox for an invite". I believe FST is oaky with it. They don't allow direct involvement of money but if it's indirect (such as seedbox) they are okay with it. Yes, i have an opinion about it....but again, if it's allowed then it's allowed :S

P.S. did that make any sense

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast