Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: trade invites for everything

Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    nice to see they finally let your furry ass back in here squirr3l

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    no, i am not replying u back...i am not spamming

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by squirr3l View Post
    Yes, i have an opinion about it....
    welcome back, squirrel.

rather than hearing about what is allowed and not (i know that) i would like to hear your opinion.

i sometimes receive the impression, that you rather fall between two stools than form a view on something.

you always want to please everybody. you rarely tell us how you see things. it's nice to be liked by everyone and don't tread on someone's toes.

on the other hand it makes you look characterless.

with all due respect, i wish you would rather make your point than general statments.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    What goes on in this section is essentially a competition so it shouldn't be surprising that some are willing to bend or even break the rules to gain an advantage.
    As much as I find certain practices personally distasteful,it is in the end up to the referees(Mods) what they choose to allow.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    barakokula's Avatar hard to thrill BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post

i have a question for both of you:

what about selling invites/accounts on ebay or for direct money transfer via paypal. would that be ok with you?
    No. Selling stuff on ebay has one bad sideeffect that trading on fst doesn't. Publicity. Which leads to site shutdowns. The final result of selling invites on ebay should be known to everyone.

On another notion,how are invites free? You can buy status ie. invites on bmtv,sct,revtt,tl........we're talking about real money here. On other sites,you 'buy' status through time and bandwith. So,invite is a thing of value. And it's boards like these that determine the exact value of it on the 'market'.

Don't get me wrong,i do not trade. Tried once in the beginning,when i joined fst,unsuccesfully.

Don't like it,i have enough spare time and started to enjoy filesharing enough to spend time on boards and irc channels to meet some good ppl,who invited me to all the sites i wanted. Just think that rule 'no invite trading' is somewhat stupid and fake.

Once you start segregate users using only a thing like amount uploaded,like all private trackers do,invite trading is bound to happen. And bandwith and time spent to upload needed amount are not free,are they?
    Last edited by barakokula; 04-04-2008 at 01:12 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    TheWho420's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    this is pretty much old news. people have been trading and selling invites since invites have been around. i see it like this. it aint wrong unless you get busted

with that, will trade my ass for what.cd invite!!

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80

welcome back, squirrel.
    thanks

i sometimes receive the impression, that you rather fall between two stools than form a view on something.
    dunno about what impression i give but i always try to see emic's view and then only have an etic POV. In other words, i try to put myself in a situation that i am evaluating...and maybe that's the reason for the impression i make.

you always want to please everybody. you rarely tell us how you see things. it's nice to be liked by everyone and don't tread on someone's toes.
    Not necessarily, i have a feeling that you won't be pleased by my response. Beside, i am not here to fight and/or argue...unless someone is stealing my nuts.

on the other hand it makes you look characterless.
    "squirr3l" itself is a character, i think we can agree on that

with all due respect, i wish you would rather make your point than general statments.
    1. if i were to have a seedbox, i would rather share it for free than trade. But that doesn't mean everyone should do the way i do (or would do) it.

2. If this thread was a poll and the result would determine FST rule. Then, i would have said "no seedbox trading" but the scenario is irrelevant.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    barakokula's Avatar hard to thrill BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWho420 View Post
    this is pretty much old news. people have been trading and selling invites since invites have been around. i see it like this. it aint wrong unless you get busted

with that, will trade my ass for what.cd invite!!
    Show me some decent profile links via pm,and a decent reason why you want it and you might get it.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Barter is Barter! It's all the same... trade for cash, trade an invite for invite , trade invite for seedbox - all the samething

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    BOOM's Avatar You are who you are. BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Sometimes I think this is a paradox, because many trackers sell upload credits and thus users can a buffer their acc...which is enough to become power users and get invites! I think the only difference is the recipient of the money.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast