Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: trade invites for everything

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by That1Guy View Post
    I has 2 pair of socks (brand new), Jurassic Park (used DVD), and a can of beef stew....I can has invites plzzzzz.

What color are the socks?

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    as long as there is a market for torrent invites you will never be able to stop people 'selling' or 'trading' their invites

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    kaffeine's Avatar No queda el tiempo
    I want to give my opinion, but I don't want to make a long post about it, since I don't think it will change anything..

Basically, I agree with you PB. Invites are meant to be free, for people you trust, for your friends. Period. They shouldn't be used as if they had real value (and I blame those stupid levels for that).

Truth is, with every day that passes, it gets harder and harder to find decent people that you can trust..
    This is just like that drug trip I saw in that movie while I was on that drug trip.

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    I have to agree with you but it is known that trading and what you described is the same thing.

Anyhow what's all these commercials in your post ? is this a new trend for making money ?

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    saqib's Avatar Levels killing BT BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by T.S.O.L. View Post
    as long as there is a market for torrent invites you will never be able to stop people 'selling' or 'trading' their invites
    but ppl like polarbear ll always b there , to morally stop those shameful trades .

here's my appeal: don't let invites become a currency!
    ( courtesy .PolarBear )

6. BitTorrent   -   #46
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    My views on the subject are on record,but just to play devils advocate.
    I wonder how many of the people that oppose trading and the like already have most that you want?
    Easier to take the moral high road when you're already a couple of steps up I figure.

7. BitTorrent   -   #47
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by That1Guy View Post
    I has 2 pair of socks (brand new), Jurassic Park (used DVD), and a can of beef stew....I can has invites plzzzzz.

What color are the socks?
    They are just white....although I am now throwing in a Medium pepperoni pizza....

(im done spamming now )
    DO NOT PM me 4 invites thanks

8. BitTorrent   -   #48
    kaffeine's Avatar No queda el tiempo
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    My views on the subject are on record,but just to play devils advocate.
    I wonder how many of the people that oppose trading and the like already have most that you want?
    Easier to take the moral high road when you're already a couple of steps up I figure.
    I can only speak for myself. I have never traded any invite nor account since I started using private sites. I guess that's because I was already a member of some private sites before joining FST, and I never knew any forums dedicated to invites when I started, and that kept me away from trading I guess.

I agree that it is tempting to try to start trading to climb to "the next level", and there are many that don't know any better, and think that trading is the only way.

People don't realize that making friends and showing that you can respect rules and being trustworthy is a far better option (yea, I know how cliche that sounds, but it's true). Yes, it takes more time and patience, but many don't understand what it is to become part of a community, not just a place to steal files faster.

(I can see your point though, there are many that just adopted a non trading attitude because they have everything they want, or because there is another site they can't obtain by trading... and not because they believe trading is wrong)
    This is just like that drug trip I saw in that movie while I was on that drug trip.

9. BitTorrent   -   #49
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    I agree with you Polar Bear. I see it done everyday and it's disgusting, appalling, vile or whatever else have you. Hopefully bt staff will crack down on it.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

10. BitTorrent   -   #50
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    with all due respect, i wish you would rather make your point than general statments.
    There's plenty of others round here with a masters degree in stating the bleeding obvious.

They must have plenty of plasters available from keep stitching their own arse up after all that sitting on the fence they do.
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast