Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Virus

Poster
    Hey all I've got a problem. I recently dl'ed and installed AVG anti-virus. I had been using norton but hadn't updated in awhile so when I ran AVG it came up with 3 different files that had been infected with the Win32/Spreder virus(one of them was a verified from here the Winrar 3.0 + crack ). Anyway I went ahead and removed them and a couple days went by and now I get this:

AVG Resident Shield

Virus
    Virus Identified Win32/Spreder

is found in file
    C:\System Volume Information\_restore (B762F5BE-1DFD-40DA-9793-F321C2185D0)\RP206\A0051318.exe

To remove please run AVG for windows

OK

So I click on OK and run the test, but then it comes back with no results. AAAhhhh
    Plz someone tell me how to find this and remove it when I go to my hd I can't even find a System Volume Information direcory. Someone Plz help and thx in advance for ne help

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    If you know what thread you got the verified in, report it here: http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?sho...40&#entry437809

Also, if the user who posted the verified has a small amount of posts, maybe they are spreading fakes labeled as verifieds in our forum, so if they have a low post count, say that in when you report the thread.

As for your problem.....
    1) Try and have AVG run a full system scan.
    2) If it finds anything, clean or remove the virus.
    If you have NO luck.....
    1) If it is not installed, install Norton.
    2) Update the definitions. (if you cannot, still do step 3)'
    3) Do a full system scan.
    4) Clean and remove the virus.

I know that probably wasn't much help, but that is what I would do. You can screw up your computer by trying to delete that manually.

Also, you may want to try running Windows in Safe Mode when scanning....

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    I've done all of that except updating my norton cuz my subscription has run out. My AVG is up to date though and its the only one that told there was a problem at all see I already removed three files that had this virus in it but its the fourth one that is giving me problems any suggestions guys.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by gbfan@6 August 2003 - 02:04
    I've done all of that except updating my norton cuz my subscription has run out.  My AVG is up to date though and its the only one that told there was a problem at all see I already removed three files that had this virus in it but its the fourth one that is giving me problems any suggestions guys.
    Why not download the Pro version off of Kazza Lite, works like a charm, and updates too.

If you need the VERIFIED hash, reply saying you want it, and I will dig it up for you.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    Is it the pro version of AVG? Either way Plz dig it up for me I'll try it cuz this is annoying the description of it I found on the net says its not malicious but I was thinking it could be a tracker or something.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    File:Norton AntiVirus 2003 Professional.exe
    Length:43001704 Bytes,41994KB
    UUHash:=ibSRp/hsw0z5WDpU7CF867UNOxo=

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    go to www.norton.com and report your virus. if you can access the file, send it to them, and they'll tell u how to get rid of it. 1st they'll tell u if it's a virus, then give u an update to norton antivirus to remove it, unless u already have the virus definitions. but i would stick with norton. it's pretty good

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    I've had that same exact problem three times now on XP. None of those three times did my virus scan software find the virus after a full scan, (even though it did randomly pop up with a warning telling me to do a full scan tons of times.) I believe my virus had the word "Parite" in it. I was finally able to get rid of it by turning off System Restore, (thus purging the infected file,) and then doing another scan. It worked like a charm after all else failed. To turn off system restore, (if you're using XP,) right-click on "my computer" Properties, system restore, and "turn off system restore." Give that a whirl if all else fails.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    The problem is that the "virus" still remains on your hard drive in system restore..(the utility to put your computer back to an earlier time) Turn off system restore...then restart it again...that should delete all the info in your "restore file" and then make a new one. Hope this helps. Peace

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    Sounds like you also have hidden files. Not a good idea with what you are using the conputer for (filesharing). Change the settings in tools/options and unhide known extensions and everything else. Then you can right click on any system restore folder and delete it. Or wipe it if you have a program to do that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast