Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Should I But The Matallica Cd?

brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by BigBank_Hank@5 August 2003 - 23:15
    It depends on if you are a fan or not. If you are a fan of their music then go out and get it. It comes with a lyrics book and a dvd of the band rehearsing the music.

I for one really like St. Anger. But buyer beware this isn't your old Metallica, this is a sound like you haven't heard before. Lars' drums will defiantly take some getting used to. This is Metallica at the rawest stripped down and dirty. I like the sound that they got in this album and that its not heavy just for the sake of being so.

All that I keep hearing about it is that they need to get back to the sound that they had in the Justice album, but why do something that they already did? If every album sounded like the Justice album everyone would complain that everything sounds alike. Its different, its strange and its pretty damn good. Hope this helps.
    Right on mate!!!!...........

Peace Paul

2. Music   -   #12
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    I wouldnt buy it unless you want what comes with it. i.e biographies whatever etc.
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

3. Music   -   #13
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    St. Anger sounds like a shitty garage band whos drummer used trash cans and recorded with a tape recorder.&nbsp;

Metallica being the wankers that they are deserve no support. Like what someone said, just download it to piss &#39;em off.&nbsp;
    io agrree with that when I dl it I thoght it was ripped at 64 bit

4. Music   -   #14
    I would not but Matallica However..........lol

Peace Paul

5. Music   -   #15
    Originally posted by Hogster@6 August 2003 - 02:06
    St. Anger sounds like a shitty garage band whos drummer used trash cans and recorded with a tape recorder.

Metallica being the wankers that they are deserve no support. Like what someone said, just download it to piss &#39;em off.
    io agrree with that when I dl it I thoght it was ripped at 64 bit
    It&#39;s suppose to be that way............Nice and dirty&#33;
    I know U have listened to Punk brother.......It&#39;s going
    for that raw sound.

Peace Paul

6. Music   -   #16
    Poster
    I would not buy or download that crap. Imo they haven&#39;t put out anything good since justice. Metallica has changed for the worse, what happened to these guys? I used to be a big fan, buy thier shit and go to thier concerts. I feel they have let thier hardcore fans down, especially with St. Anger. Why are they trying to be something thier not? I&#39;ve got two words for Metallica (washed up). Just my opinion.

7. Music   -   #17
    well anything after the black album wa a dissapontment for me

8. Music   -   #18
    Damnatory's Avatar OTL BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Originally posted by brotherdoobie@6 August 2003 - 07:43
    Dont any of you like Punk?
    No, and how could you if your a drummer yourself? Obviously you have realized that it takes no talent at all to play punk music right? The same beat throughout the entire song, chorus and all, and crunchy rifs that repeat endlessly. All mixed together with lyrics that are annoying and more often than not have no meaning what-so-ever.

9. Music   -   #19
    Originally posted by Damnatory@10 August 2003 - 22:50
    No, and how could you if your a drummer yourself? Obviously you have realized that it takes no talent at all to play punk music right? The same beat throughout the entire song, chorus and all, and crunchy rifs that repeat endlessly. All mixed together with lyrics that are annoying and more often than not have no meaning what-so-ever.
    punk is all about amateurism. by definition it is anti-virtuoso. you listen to punk because you want to hear fun, energetic rock n roll stripped of pretense, the fewer chords they know, the better... not because you want to hear someone tickle the frets like eddie van halen. punk just has completely different motivations from most popular styles of rock music.

and metallica haven&#39;t made a good album since master of puppets.

10. Music   -   #20
    I agree with this one

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast