Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Public Giveaway's, Trading Invites

znik's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    Most people here have the false impression that the more you giveaway the better, in order to show you are a nice person, to get many rep. points and stand a chance to get other invites for free.

I think it's unfair though to put in the same basket someone who trades his account on a certain tracker to get an account/invite on another tracker, with someone who tries to find a suitable invitee out of a giveway.
    The former doesn't care about the consequences of bringing a bad user whereas the latter knows that he will lose his account or invite privileges.

Of course the best thing would be to invite real life friends you know very well and teach them the basics, but then again not everyone has real life friends torrenting to invite them or to be invited.

As for giveaways on trackers' forums you don't know the members there either and some of them still have multiple accounts and/or are traders.
    Last edited by znik; 04-05-2008 at 09:50 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Swift's Avatar twat BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    thats exactly what they think more low lvl giveaway more change to get ftn

this day`s you don`t know who to trust ...

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    I can't disagree with that znik.
    As far as the difference between trading/ giving away is, sure there is a difference.
    I shouldn't have grouped them so tightly together. However with the rep point system it is hard to differentiate.
    Speaking from a staff perspective I don't mind anyone joining iTS provided there is some sort of accountability for them should they break the rules.
    That's why we ask for profiles from other accounts when inviting people.
    Now go away.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    barakokula's Avatar hard to thrill BT Rep: +1
    Well,i've seen it many times...most of ppl do giveaways untill they get all the trackers they need. Once they get it,they don't care anymore. It's like a trade,just not a direct one. I give,i receive points,and with that points i'm more likely do get some other invite i want. And i can be a 'no-trader' and be 'against' it and be on my 'high horse' all the time. It's pathetic.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    2 Million Ways BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by barakokula View Post
    Well,i've seen it many times...most of ppl do giveaways untill they get all the trackers they need. Once they get it,they don't care anymore. It's like a trade,just not a direct one. I give,i receive points,and with that points i'm more likely do get some other invite i want. And i can be a 'no-trader' and be 'against' it and be on my 'high horse' all the time. It's pathetic.

+10000000

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Cruel's Avatar I'm steak! BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    I don't compare it to trades, still I don't like giveaways. I got plenty of invites now but I'm waiting until I find someone requesting it that I feel that just didn't juse the tracker from a list I wrote (together with the usual things of course)
    Presenting your royal highness, our illustrious King Cruel the XIII, self-proclaimed lord of the lemurs, et cetera, et cetera, hooray, everybody.
    Four months and I'm living your dream.
    Silly Rabbit Dreams Are For Kids

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    I guess the main point I want to get across is:

-Users think that giveaway's will help them reach the trackers they are after when in actual fact it makes most staff members see them as no different than the traders.
    The rep points are 'trading reps' after all to most of us.
    What better way to join somewhere than be invited by a staff member.
    Now go away.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Debate is overrated BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Yes, but unfortunately not all stafflers are like you

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by benchez View Post
    Most users here seem to have multiple accounts. Often 1 for trading and 1 for anti-trading.
    I had no idea.
    Boy am I naive.
    Is that why no one puts anything about themselves in their profile too?

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    HDR's Avatar SEED.OR.DiE-GOT.iT ? BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    there is a big difference between giveaways and trading invites
    the main difference is when someone trades an invite he doesn't care who will give it to or what this person will do with it.but when you make a giveaway this is something else you put strict rules,you check the history of the members who applies for it and above all you will look for members who will improve your tracker community.
    giving away invites is a good thing if you have rules that put it on the right path and i guess it's a bit harsh to compare it to trading.
    But i think i know what you mean?
    we see people here giving invites just to show off or to cover their trading activities or to let people know they are good sharers.
    and that's look bad but there other people who are making giveaways to help their fellow members and their beloved trackers.
    it's all about rules and how do you pick the ones you invite.
    Listen to this guy, he knows what he say.

I think i can't added more since he already said what i think.

Quote Originally Posted by benchez View Post
    I guess the main point I want to get across is:

-Users think that giveaway's will help them reach the trackers they are after when in actual fact it makes most staff members see them as no different than the traders.
    The rep points are 'trading reps' after all to most of us.
    What better way to join somewhere than be invited by a staff member.
    So you say the Rep points are trading points. So all the rep points o have are from trading? Geez i never traded and never will, so how did i get the rep points? Anyway i see the rep points more as a "Help points" instead of what you say "trade points". But everyone has different opinions.
    Last edited by HDR; 04-05-2008 at 11:12 AM.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast