Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Somethin I Just Thought Of For Cd Keys

I just realized, if there's a cd key you really need but you cant seem to find it or it never works online or anything (and you refuse to actually buy the game) just buy it, and then check the cd key, then return it.

2. Games   -   #2
    Proffesional Dumbass
    i dont think u can return games after you buy it.

3. Games   -   #3
    Guyver's Avatar FORUM STONER
    ya i dont think so either

Smith is a bag of douche,FACT.

4. Games   -   #4
    u get store credit

5. Games   -   #5
    Poster
    All games have the CD key on the inside of the box. Most, if not all, software stores won't let you return open games. They might give you store credit...

If it was that easy, people would've been doing it a looooooong time ago.

6. Games   -   #6
    i took loadsa games back and got my cash back too.
    i got resident evil: code veronica played it once and took it back the next day saying that it wasnt what i was looking for and got my money back.....more recently i got a network adapter for my ps2 and a copy of socom. i spent 5 hours screaming at my router and fell asleep in tiredness and fustration' the next day i took it all back and told um some realy techy reason ( IP NOT FOUND )and they gave me my 50 ponds back no question.

The store was GAME, ive been shopping ther for 6 years so they probly trust me as a regular

my mate was a prick back in the day when pc cames came with floppys. he would buuy a game and format the disks and replaced um with nasty viruses then took them back. so if they tested the game on its return they would get a nasty suprise.

didnt see the point myself

7. Games   -   #7
    dont think u can return games after you buy it.
    yes you can return games to gamestop. I dont know what store you go to, but they're screwing you over.

8. Games   -   #8
    Originally posted by FrStyleKing@6 August 2003 - 08:47
    dont think u can return games after you buy it.
    yes you can return games to gamestop. I dont know what store you go to, but they're screwing you over.
    Every store in the city I'm in doesn't let you return games after you opened them. It's a policy in case you open the game, copy it, and then return it.

But here's another method: IF you live in the USA or Canada, go to a store called Electronics Boutique or EB Games. Both stores sell lots of games that are used, and usually they don't come with boxes, so you could see the CD key printed on the jewel case.

9. Games   -   #9
    yea, they're pretty dumb. I have 4 gamestops, 3 eb's and 5 gamecrazy's all within 10 miles of my house. its rediculous, i can always find cd keys.

10. Games   -   #10
    what if someone buys the game!! ooooh ever thought of THAT!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast