Thread: Need help with music files

posted in software because i thought i might need some type of software to crack my rar codes. I have been using the jimmyj search to find albums of music off google etc...but when i dl the albums they are encrypted and i need a password to open them and be able to listen to my music

i have been looking for a rar recovery password tool that is free but i cant find anything...

can anyone help me out? thx for any help!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Ph4wX's Avatar Mudkip BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    It's mp3's in RAR files? if i remember well, jimmyr's google thing looked only for mp3 files.

And if the mp3 is encrypted, then its DRM, and i think there's not much you can do with that.

Just get another way of downloading music. Either go in the bittorrent section and try getting invites to what/waffle/libble/stm, or just use p2p programs like bearshare.

Rar password cracking is most of the time a waste of time :\, you never know how many characters the password is, and if the person used uppercase & special chars or not. If it's anything over 6-7 digits, you will be wasting your time for nothing.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    I assume you downloaded this file from a file hosting site (ie. rapidshare or megaupload). My advice would be too google the file code to try and find a page with the password. For example, you may have one of the fillowing url's. Google the underlined codes and hope you get some hits.

http://rapidshare.com/files/84562357/file.rar

or

http://www. megaupload.com/?d=OELSJGOP

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    panoli's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    download 4 sites like what.cd sounddamage etc