Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Direct File Transfer Via Internet

I'm afraid that using both WS_FTP Server and WWW File Share is not such an easy task for me because I'm behind a router and I don't have access to the router settings.

Actually, I have already transferred the file I wanted using MSN Messenger but I would like to figure out an alternative method with resume feature for the future.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    I've used BP and WS_FTP, they're good, but it took me a week to get BP running the first time I did it. For a single-time thing I'd try IM/IRC.

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Poster
    WASTE isn't up for download anymore, but I'm sure that its on Kazaa somewhere...

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    http://www.webattack.com/get/hfs.shtml
    is a good one
    just drop the file you want to share into the app, it will then give you a link for it, pass the link it creates to the person you wish to share with and as long as you are online and the app is running there should be no problem.
    i have used this a few times and as of now have had no problems with it.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Originally posted by mail2me@6 August 2003 - 23:48
    I'm afraid that using both WS_FTP Server and WWW File Share is not such an easy task for me because I'm behind a router and I don't have access to the router settings.

Actually, I have already transferred the file I wanted using MSN Messenger but I would like to figure out an alternative method with resume feature for the future.
    It seams that maybee all this setting up a server business may be a little more than you need. May I suggest filetopia. Piece of shit as a peer 2 peer, but does allow you to easily send a file to a specific user, while keeping it encrypted. Just thought thay may be a little more what you are lookin for.

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Originally posted by toddiscool@7 August 2003 - 06:43
    It seams that maybee all this setting up a server business may be a little more than you need. May I suggest filetopia. Piece of shit as a peer 2 peer, but does allow you to easily send a file to a specific user, while keeping it encrypted. Just thought thay may be a little more what you are lookin for.
    That sounds more like it. I also think setting up a server thing is not worth the trouble for a thing that I will need on an ad-hoc basis but I had a problem reserving a nick with Filetopia. I also had to disable my Firewall completely because it detected as Filetopia trying to cause a port scan attack. I think my McAfee firewall may have blocked all traffic from Filetopia as a result of that which may have been the problem in reserving a nick to connect.

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    best sulution to that is not to use mcafee! but if you are too proud there are others, you could do it with direct connect, just join the same hub. BUt I would just not use mcafee. I use norton and have no prblems with filetopia besides it sucking. Other thing, you have router firewall and mcafee? gonna cause problems, with p2p

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12