Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Direct File Transfer Via Internet

Does anyone know whether it is possible to do a direct file transfer of a large file such as 50MB over the internet from PC to PC. Both of us have very fast Cable internet connections but don't stay close by.

Can this be done using a software such as WS_FTP Pro or with a Windows Remote Desktop. I know it was possible using the Windows HyperTerminal over a phone line but obviously only for small files because of the limitations of phone lines.

It is not easy to use KaZaA Lite to do this. Even though the files are shared they don't get listed when my friend does a search on his KaZaA Lite. Is it possible to setup direct one-on-one file sharing with KaZaA Lite?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Yes it is possible

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Arm's Avatar Poster
    Use Aim, Msn Messenger or ICQ.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by mail2me@6 August 2003 - 09:09
    Does anyone know whether it is possible to do a direct file transfer of a large file such as 50MB over the internet from PC to PC. Both of us have very fast Cable internet connections but don't stay close by.

Can this be done using a software such as WS_FTP Pro or with a Windows Remote Desktop. I know it was possible using the Windows HyperTerminal over a phone line but obviously only for small files because of the limitations of phone lines.

It is not easy to use KaZaA Lite to do this. Even though the files are shared they don't get listed when my friend does a search on his KaZaA Lite. Is it possible to setup direct one-on-one file sharing with KaZaA Lite?

hi there !
    i've been told w*w.FileShare Pro 2.4 does all of this.
    i haven't used it so can't say too much about it.
    this programme is only about 3 mb to DL
    regards
    m8t

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    yeah, best way: the person with the files loads up BulletProof ftp and is the server. the other person loads WSFTP_Pro.

then set up an account name password in BP and voila...its nice and easy.

look in the lounge for a tutorial (I think) which is pinned (uses BP), and if theres any probs, just ask
    <insert signature here>

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Originally posted by gamemaster1342@6 August 2003 - 08:12
    Yes it is possible
    Can you tell me how to setup one-on-one file sharing with KaZaA Lite?

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Originally posted by Arm@6 August 2003 - 12:22
    Use Aim, Msn Messenger or ICQ.
    Yes it is possible to send even large files with MSN Messenger but it lacks a resume manager.

8. File Sharing   -   #8

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Originally posted by m8t@6 August 2003 - 12:30

hi there &#33;
    i&#39;ve been told w*w.FileShare Pro 2.4 does all of this.
    i haven&#39;t used it so can&#39;t say too much about it.
    this programme is only about 3 mb to DL
    regards
    m8t
    I&#39;ve also been told that WWW File Share is probably the best program to do this. I downloaded the WWW File Share freeware version because I couldn&#39;t find the Pro version with KaZaA Lite to test. My friend had a problem accessing the website even though it seemed to work fine from my end. I think it is probably because of my McAfee firewall. I need to learn to do some tweaking with that.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Originally posted by vivitron 15@6 August 2003 - 13:36
    yeah, best way:&nbsp; the person with the files loads up BulletProof ftp and is the server.&nbsp; the other person loads WSFTP_Pro.

then set up an account name password in BP and voila...its nice and easy.

look in the lounge for a tutorial (I think) which is pinned (uses BP), and if theres any probs, just ask
    But don&#39;t you still need a server or at least BulletProof FTP Server software installed. I heard that WS_FTP Server software also can do this. I can&#39;t find it on KaZaA Lite though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast