Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kazza We Need Your Support...

Why does it seem like Kazza is sitting on the fence while pacific bell and college universities duke it out with RIAA. Kazza has not addressed this issue at all. I fell betrayed and let down by this. They should forge the way by, dare I say, making some form of deal with the RIAA. I for one am willing to pay a fee to download music and movies. At a resonable price of course.
    Tommy Lee can take his $.79 a download and shove it up his ass!
    I feel sharing is fine if it is not for a profit, am I wrong? but once again I would be willing to pay for it.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    DarkBlizzard's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by pzombie@6 August 2003 - 03:14
    Why does it seem like Kazza is sitting on the fence while pacific bell and college universities duke it out with RIAA. Kazza has not addressed this issue at all. I fell betrayed and let down by this. They should forge the way by, dare I say, making some form of deal with the RIAA. I for one am willing to pay a fee to download music and movies. At a resonable price of course.     
    Tommy Lee can take his $.79 a download and shove it up his ass!
    I feel sharing is fine if it is not for a profit, am I wrong? but once again I would be willing to pay for it.
    Go back to the RIAA's darkside.

Never! Kazaa Lite will never give in....screw the agreements....kazaa lite will get screwed into a stupid agreement.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    your getting the wrong idea, filesharing will not gone on like this, there will have to be a compromise or a change in the law...and is kazza doing anything to help change the law, Nope. I hate the Riaa with a passion, but seeing as how the law will most likely not be changed you have to compromise.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Originally posted by pzombie@6 August 2003 - 03:23
    your getting the wrong idea, filesharing will not gone on like this, there will have to be a compromise or a change in the law...and is kazza doing anything to help change the law, Nope. I hate the Riaa with a passion, but seeing as how the law will most likely not be changed you have to compromise.
    Kazaa Lite CANNOT be shutdown.....IT CANT....IT CANT....IT CANT.....IT CANT....the RIAA has to sue everyone ...EVERYONE......before its gone....guess what.....when kazaa lite goes.....NEW SHIT COMES....There's always gonna be p2p programs...and if p2p programs fail , then we still got AIM to trade files . My friend send a letter to a few congressmen to SUPPORT kazaa lite and they ALL supported him.....fuck off riaa. Me and him were laughing so damn loud because we couldnt believe they all supported us.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    I'm with you man, but do you know the laws the're trying to pass now, there totally ridiculous, but the wierd thing is they may get passed because the asshole riaa is a bunch of scumbags that make all kinds of political contributions. I can't remember the specifics but It's like 5yrs in jail AND a $250k fine, If that is passed you'd have to be a fool to risk downloading files. It would ruin your life!

I am not exaggerating this either, I read this and this is really being preposed to become a law!

And they would have to sue everyone. Once ppl see the RIAA is serious(if there serious) they'll be afraid and that will drop numbers. hopefully Pacific bell will win there case ans not have to give out ppls isp

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Anyway we've gotten off-topic. Shouldn't Kazza step up and do something like Pacific Bell!?

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Originally posted by pzombie@6 August 2003 - 03:44
    I'm with you man, but do you know the laws the're trying to pass now, there totally ridiculous, but the wierd thing is they may get passed because the asshole riaa is a bunch of scumbags that make all kinds of political contributions. I can't remember the specifics but It's like 5yrs in jail AND a $250k fine, If that is passed you'd have to be a fool to risk downloading files. It would ruin your life!

I am not exaggerating this either, I read this and this is really being preposed to become a law!

And they would have to sue everyone. Once ppl see the RIAA is serious(if there serious) they'll be afraid and that will drop numbers. hopefully Pacific bell will win there case ans not have to give out ppls isp
    5 years is probably the MAX and $250 is probably the max per song or something. But ANY jury in America wont give u 5 years. And if u get a poor jury then u wont even get any jail and a really really low fine.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    http://au.news.yahoo.com/030717/11/kvue.html

okay I found the link, heres a quote:

"The Conyers-Berman bill would operate under the assumption that each copyrighted work made available through a computer network was copied by others at least 10 times for a total retail value of $2,500. That would bump the activity from a misdemeanor to a felony, carrying a sentence of up to five years in jail."

In my opinion this will never get passed but there's always a chance.
    so if your sharing a substantial amount of files like me...you would be facing a felony.
    there are several other proposed laws this was the first I happened to see. one proposing a felony for 1 illegally shared file.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Poster
    Why don't you give it a break untill it is law then. Don't you have some files to download? I know I do.

"The sky is falling, the sky is falling"

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Poster
    I would rather support something worthwhile,like cancer research.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast