Thread: USB drivers before boot.

I have a dual boot. Ubuntu and Vista Ultimate 32bit.

My USB drivers are being handled by the OS, not the BIOS. I have a USB Keyboard and Mouse. When the dual boot screen comes up the USB drivers aren't loaded so i can't choose what OS i want to boot. If i connect a PS/2 driven Keyboard there is no issues.

How do I load the USB drivers without the OS support. I haven't throughly checked my BIOs to see if there are any options to enable the drivers however i am guessing that it would be enabled by default if it was available.

I slightly remember added mouse support to XP's recovery console at one point in time. I am guessing this process with be similar.

Any ideas?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by scottwile View Post
    I haven't throughly checked my BIOs to see if there are any options to enable the drivers however i am guessing that it would be enabled by default if it was available.
    In my Gigabyte BIOS USB keyboard/mouse is disabled by default.
    You should definitely check yours.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    ConkiZz's Avatar Arrrgh! BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    update your BIOS and test again?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    MultiForce's Avatar Poster

My USB drivers are being handled by the OS, not the BIOS. I have a USB Keyboard and Mouse. When the dual boot screen comes up the USB drivers aren't loaded so i can't choose what OS i want to boot. If i connect a PS/2 driven Keyboard there is no issues.

How do I load the USB drivers without the OS support. I haven't throughly checked my BIOs to see if there are any options to enable the drivers however i am guessing that it would be enabled by default if it was available.

I slightly remember added mouse support to XP's recovery console at one point in time. I am guessing this process with be similar.

Any ideas?
    Enable USB Legacy Support in BIOS.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    saqib's Avatar Levels killing BT BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by MultiForce View Post

Any ideas?
    Enable USB Legacy Support in BIOS.
    it worked for me once when i tried to restore my OS via acronis

here's my appeal: don't let invites become a currency!
    ( courtesy .PolarBear )