Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I signed up for a Dedicated hosting-ie box yesterday...

Member BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by hyt1 View Post
    If it was hacked I think they would have stolen an account or two, but that is not the case.
    are u saying u actually login to a torrent site locally on the box?? lol good account security there..

as for original post it took about a week and a half.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Mine took three weeks, then worked for two and all was fine. After that I was not able to log on for two weeks. When they finally answered my request ticket they tried rebooting and changing password still nothing. They told me they would reinstall OS, but before they did I was finally able to log on. When I logged on new programs were installed and hard drive was full with stuff I didn't download. I told them I was able to log and asked them what was happening, no response from them and they reinstalled system. I was able to log on but the hard drive space was only 99MB, but memory size was correct. After I told them they gave back original hard drive space, but memory was only 256mb. A couple days after that I could not log on again, so I gave up. They can come after me for breaking contract, but I don't care.
    that sounds to me like an VDS box not an dedic box, memory changes and HDD space changes aren't that easy on dedic boxes, and all that sounds like an HACK 99.99%

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    parky's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    Ordered hosting-ie vps 2 weeks ago still nothing

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Raban's Avatar Poaster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by parky View Post
    Ordered hosting-ie vps 2 weeks ago still nothing
    hrmm well thats strange... from the e-mail they sent me a VPS should be setup within 24hrs ...

for me it says 6-8 business days cause its dedicated box . .. .

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Raban

di you got your box finally ?

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Raban's Avatar Poaster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    dude... i got the box on tuesday around noon so it took 1 business day for them to get it up and going !!! can you believe it ? i had heard these horror stories about hosting-ie but i didn't experience anything like that.

also i just found out today that the box has 2 harddrives not one ... so i'm sitting on 300+ gigs of space !! i dunno why the extra harddrive is there cause i'm not paying anything extra for it. but who am i to complain ?!

i am quite pleased with the speeds... i can't imagine torrenting without a seedbox ever again its like night and day difference....

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Poster BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    I have heard hosting-ie will sometimes give free hardware. This is not the first time.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    dude... i got the box on tuesday around noon so it took 1 business day for them to get it up and going !!! can you believe it ? i had heard these horror stories about hosting-ie but i didn't experience anything like that.

also i just found out today that the box has 2 harddrives not one ... so i'm sitting on 300+ gigs of space !! i dunno why the extra harddrive is there cause i'm not paying anything extra for it. but who am i to complain ?!

i am quite pleased with the speeds... i can't imagine torrenting without a seedbox ever again its like night and day difference....
    yes I've got one of like that too but i've also got 1Gb RAM instead of 512Mb so i had some like 800 some instead of 400 some.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12