Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I signed up for a Dedicated hosting-ie box yesterday...

Raban's Avatar Poaster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    i figure it'll be ready by monday ?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    BANNED BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by Raban View Post
    i figure it'll be ready by monday ?

Keep us posted.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    its all about the luck of the draw with hosting-ie my setup time took around 2 weeks, some take a week, some are really quick, just try not to get your hopes up
    pictures of you!! pictures of me!!

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    BANNED BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Which Monday in May were you hoping for?

J/K should be up by the end of this month...

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    TheWho420's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    monday, lol dont hold your breath

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    mamacita's Avatar Tarding is bad!! BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    would they even work on it over the weekend?
    Kindness goes a long way!

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Poster BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by mamacita View Post
    would they even work on it over the weekend?
    Doubt it.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Mine took three weeks, then worked for two and all was fine. After that I was not able to log on for two weeks. When they finally answered my request ticket they tried rebooting and changing password still nothing. They told me they would reinstall OS, but before they did I was finally able to log on. When I logged on new programs were installed and hard drive was full with stuff I didn't download. I told them I was able to log and asked them what was happening, no response from them and they reinstalled system. I was able to log on but the hard drive space was only 99MB, but memory size was correct. After I told them they gave back original hard drive space, but memory was only 256mb. A couple days after that I could not log on again, so I gave up. They can come after me for breaking contract, but I don't care.

Sorry for rambling but it was a horrible experience.
    Hope you have better luck

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Raban's Avatar Poaster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by hyt1 View Post
    When I logged on new programs were installed and hard drive was full with stuff I didn't download.
    hrmm well indeed that sounds like a pretty bad experience. do you figure the box was hacked ? thats what it sounds like to me...

it is something i'm quite concerned with myself as they seem like a very good target... i am having the latest version of debian installed so it should be much more secure than some Windoze box...

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    It may have been hacked but they may have not changed password from previous user, considering the horrible level of service I received. I had 3 different passwords but they only changed the same two numbers in a ten digit pw, if someone was aware of that it would not make it too hard to figure it out if they had the same box before me. If it was hacked I think they would have stolen an account or two, but that is not the case.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast