Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Seedbox Plans

tyman's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    so say i live in the US, i cannot not get an ovh seedbox at all? I don't care it is based there, i just want to order one and maintain it.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    I'm interested in renting a seed box as well.

I am willing to pay 30-40 Euros/month (~$50/month) for unlimited bandwidth and around 50 GB of hard drive space with Torrentflux installed.
    I'm located in Europe

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    duplicate post.
    Last edited by optimist; 04-07-2008 at 11:17 PM. Reason: duplicate post.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    It doesnt matter where you live - you upload/download files from your seedbox to your own PC using FTP.

With torrentflux, thats all the maintenance there is. With other setups you need to know about installing software, possibly linux etc.

I dont know any provider that does unlimited bandwidth AND 50 |GIG HD.

I'd recommend torrentswift though (purely cos the guy who runs it is really friendly), they'd give you 50 gig HD and $40 for every 800 gig you use.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    tyman's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    yeah...but can i buy one...it seems as if people are saying that if i am not in Europe they won't even accept any payments or service.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    I live in the UK, so they may know more than me.

But it doesnt make sense. The guys who are offering a torrentflux seedbox rather than a 'server' for rent are quite clearly offering a
    filesharing service. They arent likely to be nosey about where you live. No provider lists a postal address because they know they are on dodgy legal ground, so why should your address be of any interest? I paid with paypal BTW.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by optimist View Post
    It doesnt matter where you live - you upload/download files from your seedbox to your own PC using FTP.

With torrentflux, thats all the maintenance there is. With other setups you need to know about installing software, possibly linux etc.

I'd recommend torrentswift though (purely cos the guy who runs it is really friendly), they'd give you 50 gig HD and $40 for every 800 gig you use.
    Sounds good. Do you know how many simultaineous torrents you can download with that services?

Quote Originally Posted by TheMighyThor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by optimist View Post

Sounds good. Do you know how many simultaineous torrents you can download with that services?
    Wait, never mind. The answer was on their website staring me in the face.
    Last edited by TheMighyThor; 04-07-2008 at 11:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    They allow up to 8 torrents on the 50 gig hd package:

http://torrentswift.com/

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    ceasar's Avatar Slava R0b0taM! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMighyThor View Post
    I'm interested in renting a seed box as well.

I am willing to pay 30-40 Euros/month (~$50/month) for unlimited bandwidth and around 50 GB of hard drive space with Torrentflux installed.
    I'm located in Europe
    You can order on from OVH then. They have good one for 40 Euros and it's 750 GB with 2 Gb RAM. Also you can find someone from States to share it with you, so you pay less and help out someone else.
    OVH = way to go!
    TCS Byatch in training

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Do torrentswift and OVH run torrentflux?

Do you have a link to the OVH plans?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast