Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it worth it to donate to private trackers?

becomehokage's Avatar AAARGH! BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldStoNe View Post
    I'm tempted to donate to some of my favorite trackers in exchange for upload credit. I find the sites I'm (please don't ask) in very difficult to seed back as most users there have fast connection. My max upload speed is around 30-40 kb/s (which is the fastest where I live! ) but would drop into around 1/2 to 2/3 max speed during daytime and when leeching. Thus, I have to hold back leeching a lot of good movies I like (which are not on freeleech) and seed back first what I got before grabbing new ones.

With this problem, my options are:
    (1) keep my pc open for 24/7 which I'm doing lately...build buffer first before downloading something new,
    (2) get a seedbox, or
    (3) donate for upload credit.

As of now, I find it more "economical" to donate (although i find the idea of pay-to-leech horrible) and keep my pc on for few hours a day only, thus saving electricity. I still haven't decided on getting a seedbox yet since I think the amount I'll pay for seedbox access can be used instead to "buy" upload credit and "help" my favorite trackers. This could be, in my opinion, cheaper in the long run.

I need the inputs of fellow FST members before I make my first donation (around >$50). I especially need the opinions of those who have donated and those who opted to buy seedbox access instead. TIA!
    Pay to leech? Never!
    Im kay

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    GoldStoNe's Avatar Elite Member BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by DasFox View Post
    Donations help keep the trackers running, they're important.

GoldStoNe I was given a seedbox on one tracker to help upload at, so if you really are interested in helping, you might be able to get something like this too...

PEACE
    Wow, DasFox you're a lucky guy. What tracker is that? They just give you a seedbox for free? I would like to apply.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    anto's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    i think it Is worth it to donate to private trackers to keep the site going or would ur rather the site go down?
    Last edited by anto; 04-07-2008 at 12:04 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    saqib's Avatar Levels killing BT BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    it is called p2L , which is bad thing in my opinion . if u want to leech u should go and buy some rapidshare s***
    . there ll b no ratio and u ll not have to donate ever /
    but if u donate to some private tracker with the helping intention , it is great .

here's my appeal: don't let invites become a currency!
    ( courtesy .PolarBear )

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by saqib View Post
    it is called p2L , which is bad thing in my opinion . if u want to leech u should go and buy some rapidshare s***
    . there ll b no ratio and u ll not have to donate ever /
    but if u donate to some private tracker with the helping intention , it is great .

agree

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    GoldStoNe's Avatar Elite Member BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Anyway if it's that hard to seed the tracker doesn't need more speed it needs less.
    The day everyone needs a frigging seedbox just to belong to a tracker will be a black day indeed.
    I agree that forcing everyone to have a seedbox just in order to survive in a tracker would be doomsday indeed! I observe it becoming a trend in very high level trackers where a lot of members have a seedbox!

So the future is: get a seedbox or donate?

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    yes sometimes it can be hard to seed when people have seedboxes i have had to donate to sites to get more upload beacuse of seedboxes but i don't ind doing it beacuse it keeps the site going

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    The Flying Cow's Avatar windowlicker BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    I'd advise you to be careful with that. Once I donated to PiSEXY for a special "draw" thing (BTW - always the same people won those draws, which was more than a little suspect), and next thing I knew, my friend's credit card which I used (he lent me) was raided of €2000.

Watch out with that. If I were you I'd go for the seed/dedi/gigabox. Don't trust the private trackers. As a rule. You never know what one or another member of staff are up to. Sorry if I offended staffmembers from private trackers that aren't untrustworthy bastards, but the many pay for the errors of the few.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Swift's Avatar twat BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    i donated some time ago but not anymore it`s nice and respectfull to donate , where ppl are really trying to help you out and give you the best material there is on the internet so ppl who can donate don`t hesitate helping , i don`t say to donate much just simbolic amounts !

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterSister View Post
    I'd advise you to be careful with that. Once I donated to PiSEXY for a special "draw" thing (BTW - always the same people won those draws, which was more than a little suspect), and next thing I knew, my friend's credit card which I used (he lent me) was raided of €2000.

Watch out with that. If I were you I'd go for the seed/dedi/gigabox. Don't trust the private trackers. As a rule. You never know what one or another member of staff are up to. Sorry if I offended staffmembers from private trackers that aren't untrustworthy bastards, but the many pay for the errors of the few.

i use a 3v pre paid credit card if there were to get access to it all they can get is what is on the card

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast