Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it worth it to donate to private trackers?

I donated $25 today to http://linuxmoviemania.org got me 250 gb. Thought that was great....

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Swift's Avatar twat BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gladiator View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sacebac View Post

I dont understand you, my upload speed is around 25 kb\s and i have good buffers in my trackers, you must work better in those trackers, and you will see that with time your buffer will increase a lot..........
    Is all about patience isn't it?
    yes indeed and seeeding 24/7 or at least 14/7 as i do

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    mindtrick's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    You can always consider other methods of file sharing. Rapidshare and Usenet are two of them.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    KravenX's Avatar CZ Adm|n & sFZ Help
    i`ve never paid for p2p and personally I am against donations. Before you start a tracker, you have to think if you have the resources to maintain it. Therefore czone tracker does not accept donations from users and never will.

Why to pay for something that it is supposed to be free? Moreover, you do not know what the staff is doing with the money, so I prefer to keep them on my card

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    The Gladiator's Avatar I Will Report You BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    Quote Originally Posted by KravenX View Post
    i`ve never paid for p2p and personally I am against donations. Before you start a tracker, you have to think if you have the resources to maintain it. Therefore czone tracker does not accept donations from users and never will.

Why to pay for something that it is supposed to be free? Moreover, you do not know what the staff is doing with the money, so I prefer to keep them on my card
    Against donations? First of all if he donate it's for upload, then why agaist?

Yeah and it's free, you don't need to pay for do the sign up do you? You donate if you want the upload or if you want to help the tracker (Don't tell me that you don't know what they will do with the money because if you are an active member on that tracker you know if staff there is serious or not).

"The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires."

**Don't PM me asking for invites**

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    czone is run buy a romanian ISP, its like comcast or virgin media running one, they dont need donations.

put it this way if trackers got 0 donations every month, all you would have is a few romanian trackers that are run by their ISP.

I know i couldnt afford to keep BCG going if i got 0 donations (i could when i started it, but we have grown a lot since then)

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    KravenX's Avatar CZ Adm|n & sFZ Help
    The Gladiator it`s not that simple. for example, I implement a donation system on cz. the users will donate, they will receive their upload/invites/etc and they are happy. What would I do with the money? I can easily lie the users that is for the maintenace of the server. As long as you do not know how the things work around there, I could do whatever I want with the money. And this is not fair.

On the other hand, I agree that lots of trackers does not have any resources, and NEED the money. I do not have an acct on BCG stoi, but I`m sure it is a good tracker and needs the donations. So other important trackers, such as sct, ftn, tl etc. But the saddest part is that there are LOTS of trackers that do not need donations (being either too small, or not so important) and still ask for money. Trustworthy or not, users are fooled and throw money for something that would run the same with or without donations.

Do not understand me wrongly, this is just my opinion. As a simple user, you can easily be fooled by the staff.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    Quarter's Avatar aaaaasssssddddd BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Pay for p2p LOL.
    Instead of donating 50$ and getting 50GB upload credit you can buy excellent box and upload amount that bigger by 10!

"In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit."

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    GoldStoNe's Avatar Elite Member BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by sacebac View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldStoNe View Post
    My max upload speed is around 30-40 kb/s

I dont understand you, my upload speed is around 25 kb\s and i have good buffers in my trackers, you must work better in those trackers, and you will see that with time your buffer will increase a lot..........

Please don't get me wrong mate. I also have good buffers in the trackers I'm active in. It's because I seed almost 24/7 for the past few months. A lot of effort has been poured on my part just to buffer up and seed back. At the same time my electricity bills shot up around $25-30 higher than those months when my pc is on for a few hours a day only [electricity is costly in the country where I'm from ]. So I'm thinking of ways to minimize cost and at the same time survive in my favorite trackers...

There are lots of good suggestions here. Thank you guys. I'll evaluate what's best for me. Semi-private trackers? hmmm... Keep your opinions pouring in guys. I'm sure there are also lots of members who would benefit from our discussion.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    BANNED BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Donations keep sites online. It is worth it to have good sites online. It is worth it to make donations.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast