Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Case Fan!

Any sites that you guys can find about how to install a simple case fan on the back of the case?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    you don't need a site. There's four screws and an adaptor needed. Most case fans come with them.
    If you wanna go cheap, just pull a fan out of an old power supply and use good quality splices into the CD rom power leads.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    wouldnt running a fan off a cdrom power cable cause it to got bang or take off all together lol?

EDIT: now realise the fan was runnin off the psw anyway. silly me lol

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    what kind of screws do i need to attach it to the case?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by aintgottime@6 August 2003 - 12:51
    what kind of screws do i need to attach it to the case?
    You would usually go through the case and either fasten to the plastic of the fan itself (using very coarse threaded screws), or use a fine nut and bolt slightly longer than the depth of the fan (if the fan has a recess to lock the nut).
    It really depends on the fan type, but if you are using a salvaged one it may be possible to use the same method used to fasten to the power supply.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    Just bolt it on with the fan blowing out the back of your case and plug it into your motherboard.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Thank you somebody1234 good to see that there is a true expert dealing with computer hardware!

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by aintgottime@6 August 2003 - 23:18
    Thank you somebody1234 good to see that there is a true expert dealing with computer hardware!
    And it's so nice to see the true expert giving us a picture of how to connect a CPU fan to the motherboard.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    some fans you dont plug into the motherboard tho and u use that same power cable as the cdroms and hard drives....

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    Originally posted by lynx+6 August 2003 - 21:20--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lynx @ 6 August 2003 - 21:20)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-aintgottime@6 August 2003 - 23:18
    Thank you somebody1234 good to see that there is a true expert dealing with computer hardware&#33;
    And it&#39;s so nice to see the true expert giving us a picture of how to connect a CPU fan to the motherboard. [/b][/quote]
    I know what picture I posted. It was the only one I could find at the time and case fans connect the same way.

Your welcome, aintgottime... Thanks for the complement.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast