Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: how long should torrents live?

Poster
    As long as possible. I like when torrents stay a live for long, even more than a year, in case I've missed something or when I'm suddenly interested in something.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    BANNED BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    for ever

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    of the 130 torrents i have active in my client atm i would say the average seed time on those would be around 50 days.. i don't see anything wrong with keeping torrents alive for people who missed to grab things when they were new

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    For as long as possible. I download mostly older stuffs. At the moment i am downloading a torrent that was posted almost a year ago, and I am going to seed it to 1 even if it take months.

U2VjdGlvbjQ3

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    ghurka's Avatar Welsh Bhoy BT Rep: +5
    It would probably depend on what it is. For example, if a Cam comes out, then a TS comes out 5 days later, then a Screener comes out a week later it means the Cam and TS are then effectively redundant. That screener may be needed until a Dvdrip comes out so why delete it after just one month. Same for Dvdrips.

There will always be an older movie that you have missed and may want one day. As you can tell I am not a lover of strict TTL policies. Thankfully there are sites like Bitsoup around.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by MESSI_19 View Post
    for ever
    Agreed ... as long as possible.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    It depends on personal and/or site perspective.

I think 0-day thing should be around for ~1 month (exception: popular torrents). I personally seed 'em for ~72 hrs. That way the torrent lives just long enough....and at the same time other can build their ratio as well.

At the meantime, non o-day (especially elearning ) should stay alive longer. If i am leeching something, i usually seed it to 1-2 ratio and then stop that torrent for ~2-3 days. Then i start seeding it again. Doing so i am giving other opportunity to get 1:1 ratio and at the meantime the torrent will stay alive for longer period of time. I have couple of torrent in theplace and bitseduce which i have been seeding for ~35 weeks. It seems like i am the only seeder in those torrent but i often get some leecher....and that makes my seeding worth it.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    sleepyy's Avatar Old-Fashioned BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    I would rather them live for at least a few months there's always something me or somebody else needs to replace or download that was missed Regardless of how slow the speeds are if it can't be found and you want it it's worth the wait within reason of course few days is fine with me i hate those 1kbps limited connections
    Last edited by sleepyy; 04-08-2008 at 11:56 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    i think a month is wayyy too short ...
    the longer the better, i always download old stuff

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Swift's Avatar twat BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    i seed as much as my hdd supports when i don`t have space i simply delete 1 torent

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast