Thread: Software Extraction

Poster
    Hi, I was wondering whether this is possible.

I have Chinese Star 2003 on my mum's PC. Unfortunately, this software was pre-installed and there's no installation disc or exe that comes with it. I want this program so what I did was simply copy the entire folder located in Program Files and paste it on my hard-drive .

Then, I extracted all the registry files related to Chinese Star and install it on my computer. THe splash screen pops up, but ultimately, the software dun work. I was wondering whether I was missing some dll or some other vital components to run the program.

So, I'm wondering whether there's a method or program that finds all related content of a particular content and put them together.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Ex-member
    You'll probably need some DLLs or similar files that are stored elswhere on the HD. I don't know of any way to do this, other than to download a copy of the software you want.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    it's virtually impossible to find an appz of Chinese Star 2003 or XP anywhere.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by RedRival@6 August 2003 - 09:22
    So, I'm wondering whether there's a method or program that finds all related content of a particular content and put them together.
    The closest thing would be using Filemon and Regmon to see what files and reg settings the program is looking for. Any 'not found's would mean you've missed something.

Of course, I'd rather just download it if I was trying to get this program. You might be able to find a more recent version, too.

P.S.: eMule is really good for rare stuff. You might be able to find it there.
    Kazaa Corruption Fixer --> Fix any corrupted CD image, archive, or video file you've downloaded with Kazaa.