Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A little help; router problem

RoSsoNeRI's Avatar LoUiS VuiTtoN DoN BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    hey guys, I need some help. I just set up my new router n after setting it all up I opened up utorrent n it says im not connectable....

"A firewall/router is limiting your network traffic. You need to open up a port so others can connect to u."

Also I checked on couple of trackers n they r saying the same thing that im not connectable. I am having problems in DC++ aswell

Can anyone help me please n tell me whats wrong n how do I fix it?? I am posting a pic here so u guys know what im talking about.

Thanks

p.s. My apologies if this is in the wrong section

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    vinod242's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Dude which router r u using and which is the firewall that u r using?

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    DO NOT PM me 4 invites thanks

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    You have to forward the ports that Utorrent uses to your router.

The site mentioned by the member above has it all explained, based on what router you have and what program you use.

Just go to 'guides' and than pick 'Port forwarding guides per router' and select you router.

Good luck.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    RoSsoNeRI's Avatar LoUiS VuiTtoN DoN BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    THIS is the router im using

looking at that site......its quite a long process eh. Did anyone else had to forward their ports aswell or is it just me??

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    sleepyy's Avatar Old-Fashioned BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    For me it was quite simple i have no idea if this will help but this how the config page looks for me and everything seems ok.
    http://i32.tinypic.com/10mugkg.jpg

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    fisherman's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    I'm not familiar with your router but most are the same when it comes to forwarding ports...

With most routers you type an address into your browser as in 86.89.85.xx.xx and when you do that and hit enter the router options will appear.

As I said I'm not familiar with your router type but go to the firewall option and look for the port options... and then open them and then also open them in your bittorrent client and make sure to select a port from about 50000 upwards as a lot of other ports are blacklisted by trakers.

Good luck
    Our revenge will be the laughter of our children - Bobby Sands

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    ShadowsServant's Avatar Tomato BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by RoSsoNeRI View Post
    THIS is the router im using

looking at that site......its quite a long process eh. Did anyone else had to forward their ports aswell or is it just me??
    I went through the same thing just last month when I upgraded to a new modem/router. It's a 2in1. It's quite simple really.
    All you need to do is find your router on the site above and follow the instructions. They have a nice detailed walk through with pictures and all.
    It was a breeze for me. Gotta love instruction manuals.

I hope it all works out.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Gish's Avatar Seeda from Hell BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    my router page is 192.168.11.1 but it depends on your router!
    once you log into your page there should be a option like gaming or under setting that will allow you to open the port(s)!
    remember to use the same port number with your firewall

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    YOu have to go to portforward.com and re-forward your ports for the new router your using or forward if it's the first tiem you owned a router. Once you put in your make and model you'll get the ip address to your router then you just key in some pertinent information in both the ip config page (In web browser) and utorrent. Your owners manual should have the ip config page address as well (I'm not talking about the run cmd ipconfig /all).

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast