Thread: Read This Riaa Offering Bad Files

KazaaLiteK++
    I have noticed if you download any music file that has a bandwidth of 3906 it will play for about 10seconds then you will here a whole bunch of distortion for the rest of the song. SO THE RIAA MUST BE SETTING UP DISTORTED FILES TO DISCOURAGE US TO DOWNLOAD. SCREW THEM JUST DONT DOWNLOAD FILES WITH THE BANDWIDTH OF 3906 AND YOU SHOULD BE FINE.

Please respond to me at [email protected] ( my email address )

ANOTHER TIP FROM KazaaLiteK++

Have a Nice Day!!!!!

2. File Sharing   -   #2

Yeah lots of people get this. It sucks.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    thewira
    g'day,

i tried that but it didnt work, all the mp3 files that i downloaded still scrambled after 12 secs. Even i tried the user name that looks quite personalised, im currently trying to d/l ashanti chapter 2 album. had this problem before but when i tried to preview it, kazaalite automatically came up with a wizard asking whether i wanted to d/l a 'codec" for this "licensed/protected" files ( cant remember exactly what it said), but after i clicked yes, i was able to play the file. SO, i wonder if what i need is another kinda "codec/patch" for this "protected" files.
    Tips guys.. pls

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Okey Dokey - is not the RIAA - is most likely Mediadefender doing this.

Next - if you want to avoid this problem - this is something that may help. Download files that lots of other people are sharing - as in if 100 people users are listed as having this - most likely it is not a fake. Also - files that are by themselves - with one user - that have an unusually high download speed in my experience are usually fakes. You can use your browser to sort how many users are downloading what.

kazaalite automatically came up with a wizard asking whether i wanted to d/l a 'codec" for this "licensed/protected" files
    This may be the case with this. If you tried to open the file with M$ media player - it seems like it is trying to get a licence for it by using the licence management plugin that comes pre-installed in media player. I would be really really careful with anything that prompted this then allowed you to play the file - because essentially this alerts m$ to what it is you are playing.

You can disable licence management in media player manually - and you can also delete it through spybot search and destroy. You may just want to try playing it through winamp though - as there are no license progs to worry about with this.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Do a search on...
    "Copyproof"
    You may find it quite interesting.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Hi Reality

Yeah - what you said

The development of so-called second session technology, which allows two versions of the same album to be stored on the same CD, has helped win label support, however. When this technique is used, the ordinary CD music files are accompanied by a music file--typically an encrypted MP3 or Windows Media Audio file--meant to be copied to and stored on a computer hard drive. Most, if not all, future copy-protected discs are expected to contain this type of computer-ready file.
    This is from

http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1105-995200.html

What a bunch of crap this is. Man. I know some of these mess up Macs pretty seriously. Someone must be ripping protected CD's without disabling the Copy Protection first - as in they are ripping it with Media Player.

Nuts.

Must be a prog out there somewhere that rubs this out. Or here is a novel idea I am taking advantage of - just record shotcasts. If you get QCD or winamp - you can rip streams off shoutcasts - and a plugin will divide the streams up into MP3s for you. This is also quite RIAA proof - as what you are doing is taping stuff off the radio - perfectly legal.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Number of bad files is increasing substantially. I'm getting about one for every ten DL. Number of people sharing, file size, and quality does not matter. Also find sound occuring at various places through the song, although that's been usually after 20-30 seconds into the song.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Poster
    Somewhere between the cornfields of Central Illinois
    Originally posted by KazaaLiteK++@6 August 2003 - 11:37
    I have noticed if you download any music file that has a bandwidth of 3906 it will play for about 10seconds then you will here a whole bunch of distortion for the rest of the song. SO THE RIAA MUST BE SETTING UP DISTORTED FILES TO DISCOURAGE US TO DOWNLOAD. SCREW THEM JUST DONT DOWNLOAD FILES WITH THE BANDWIDTH OF 3906 AND YOU SHOULD BE FINE.

Please respond to me at [email protected] ( my email address )

ANOTHER TIP FROM KazaaLiteK++

Have a Nice Day!!!!!
    Garsh. This is such new information. None of us were smart enough to know this. Thanks for not :rtfm: !

Cheers! =]

Suzi