Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My CD burner doesn't burn at 52x

I bought a new 52x CD-R. When i first bought it the damn thing only burned at 32x with Nero, Nero Express, Easy CD Creator 4, and Easy CD Creator 5 Plat.

NOW the bastard only burns at 16x!!! WHY...and more importantly how do i fix it!?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    maybe the 52x is the read speed

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    wasnt there a similar thread which got closed because of the nature of the title?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    it is a 52x24x52 so yea 52x is the read spped but it should also be teh write speed to. and what nature of my title...the word gay? would it help if i explained my definition
    Gay- the 2003 word for jerk, simillar to the word fag, which is slang for any other name along the same lines

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    isn't there a documentary on this..."when machines turn gay"?

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    Perhaps the media you are trying to write to is not rated 52x.

It can also be limited by some other factors also like the speed of your PC.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    LOL...i&#39;ll be right back...i&#39;ll go check my local library.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    i&#39;ve tried Audio...Data...VCD. i don&#39;t think it is because of my computer...it is fairly new... XP 1800+, 383 DDR RAM, XP Pro. Could it be the brand it is an Artec CD-R....?? What data is rated 52x???

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    can I curse? FUCK!
    Some CD&#39;s have speed limits too.. it might not say.. but try getting different CDs?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    yeh 52x is the maximum rated for ya drive and that will depend on the discs u using and the source it reading from being able to keep up ie ya cdrom drive or harddrive. it very unlikely that you will get it to burn at 52x, its a ploy by manufacturers to buy there kit. fastest ive ever burned at was 40x and that was copying data from my hard drive using nero. anyway 32x is quick enough aint it? i mean my car will do 150mph top but i never gonna see if it will&#33;

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast