Thread: Dedicated Servers/VPN recommends?

Poster
    I'm new to this business of dedicated servers and VPNs. I'm looking to get one for just a month. I don't want to pay an arm and a leg for one, just need one to buffer my accounts for a month. Seeing as I'm a noob, are there any recommends from you guys? I'm based in the US. I've heard of OvH, but heard that it's only for Europeans...

Appreciate the help.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Try vps4less... Its cheap (3-4 euros /5-6 dollars), and not hard to use. I got some help setting it up, but it was easy to use, and you could probably find someone here that could help you..
    You can easily buffer your accounts using this vps.. And its so cheap! really, you should try it.. after one week i felt i had alreaddy buffered enought! heeh.. Check it out man

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by mountpj04 View Post
    Try vps4less... Its cheap (3-4 euros /5-6 dollars), and not hard to use. I got some help setting it up, but it was easy to use, and you could probably find someone here that could help you..
    You can easily buffer your accounts using this vps.. And its so cheap! really, you should try it.. after one week i felt i had alreaddy buffered enought! heeh.. Check it out man
    Alright, I'll check this out. How much do these store? I'm thinking of getting some larger type files every now and then...

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    I only had 1 gb hd space..didn't need more (but you can pay more to get more).. only dl like two rar files and seeded those for a little while (per file).. Can recommend seeding on games and popular movies.. If you are thinking of downloading first with the vps, and than transfer the files to your own computer, i would advice you to simply download it with your homeline,..which will go much faster that transfering..Hope this can be to some help

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Poster BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    You can check out vectoral, hosting-ie, or leaseweb.

I hope you also mean VPS, not VPN.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    BANNED BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Try Searching...

Also,

Here's a helpful link...

http://torrent-source.net/?p=64

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    hosting-ie

where its at.
    Go Leafs Go.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    parky's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    Quote Originally Posted by puckface View Post
    hosting-ie

where its at.
    He said 1 month not a 3 month contract

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Xhester's Avatar Linux Lover BT Rep: +4
    http://dediboxinternational.com/ i thinks is the best one
    "Software is like sex: it's better when it's free"
    Linus Torvalds