Thread: Bandwidth

imported_The__One
    Hi ppl, I'm on a 256k ADSL connection (roughly 32 KBps download/15KBps upload) and the thing is that I can download multiple files all at around 30 k....I mean, I have kazaa on downloading something at 28KBps and then I open bittorrent and start to download at 30KBps.....that adds up to 58KBps, on a 32k connection. But I can't get a single download to go over 30...why is that?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    It's better when you have multiple connections or downloads running at the same time because that maxes out your connection. Remember, you can download only as fast as other can upload the file to you!

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    imported_The__One
    It's better when you have multiple connections or downloads running at the same time because that maxes out your connection. Remember, you can download only as fast as other can upload the file to you!
    i see....

I was talking about how my downloads exceeded my said connection limit, not maxt it out....

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    i noticed when downloading linux updates... (that were like 10mb and such), the speed would allmost reach 280kb/s-300kb/s... never happends in windows..
    I know it was bytes and not bits because the 1mb updates downloaded in like less than 3-4 seconds.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    But inst linux much better for internet speed/
    signature removed, check the boardrules.