Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is this host good for a seedbox?

TidusBlade's Avatar Watermelon Knight BT Rep: +3
    I know a friend who uses Windows on his 256MB seedbox, and he says it works okay, but uses up so much RAM and he has to limit his download and upload speed so as to not get disk overloads, and gets ~9MB/s.
    And this other friend who has problems with his Windows, where if he downloads quick, the seedbox shuts down or something, he said it might be the hard disk but I dunno what happened after that...

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    ah i see..btw can i change plan from raptor 2 to raptor + when im halfway in the raptor 2 plan? so 256mb will work just have to limit the speed? i cant get the raptor+ currently because of some mone problem.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    parky's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    If you go with hosting-ie be prepared to wait a few weeks for setup, unlike others leaseweb,ovh who set you up within 24 hours.
    I ordered hosting-ie over 2 weeks ago still nothing.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    well i dont mind waiting for that price and i heard that FTP transfer on leaseweb is counted too. Btw my question is wether windows with 256mb ram would run with utorrent and will i be able to change plan halfway throught a current plan. Anyone using raptor 2 VPS for seedbox? please give some info.

Thanks

so i should get linux? cmon someone please using this host with a raptor 2 host please tell me if windows works fine with 256mb or not.
    Last edited by rulebreaker; 04-12-2008 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    i dont see any options allowing me to upgrade only HDD for raptor 2 i cant get a dedi because im corrently broke..lol

looking for people to help my site =D
    you can always ask them after you will order your default server,
    on Rabtor plus that is possible I know for sure
    they can even add an dedicated HDD to your VDS

well i dont mind waiting for that price
    they are much better now with setup
    people I know got servers in 2-3 days

so i should get linux? cmon someone please using this host with a raptor 2 host please tell me if windows works fine with 256mb or not.
    are you waiting for an miracle?
    it will works but it depends how you'll use it
    VDS will never gives more than dedik box right?
    so will dedic box works like you need with windows and 256RAm ?

so there is your answer.
    Last edited by TechnoMan80; 06-06-2008 at 05:19 AM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    hi m8

if you think to upgrade ram, hdd cpu so far without going to higher packages you need Rabtor plus http://hosting-ie.com/content/view/29/78/

with Rabtor 2 Standard you can just go to higher packages without downtimes but you will need to pay for full package like rabtor 3 so far

if you stay with Rabtor 2 /Windows, make sure you do Not order Plesk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12