Thread: Pay For Play

Poster
    Pay-for-play on the way

"Very shortly there will be a paid-for version of KaZaA that will be ad-free and enhanced and, I think, that will be a very exciting proposition to the users," Hemming said.

She said her service and this software -- indeed the entire P2P movement -- stands to revolutionize digital content, not destroy an industry. Hemming said it'll make the industry bigger by offering more choice and getting products to consumers much faster, just as VCRs and videocassettes transformed the movie industry.

"In the end, consumers and artists are brought together by this amazing technology, and they have a level of interactivity they've never had before," she said. "And the music industry is going to benefit, and the movie industry is gonna benefit, and emerging artists, and independent artists, and people who just want to share their views. They're all going to benefit. This technology is here to stay.
    HEY THAT NOT FAIR

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    it wont happen, relax

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    f*ck that if it ever did happen

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    even if this does happen, there are a few other channels/protocols for free download
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    DarkBlizzard's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by neotheone@6 August 2003 - 15:43
    Pay-for-play on the way

"Very shortly there will be a paid-for version of KaZaA that will be ad-free and enhanced and, I think, that will be a very exciting proposition to the users," Hemming said.

She said her service and this software -- indeed the entire P2P movement -- stands to revolutionize digital content, not destroy an industry. Hemming said it&#39;ll make the industry bigger by offering more choice and getting products to consumers much faster, just as VCRs and videocassettes transformed the movie industry.

"In the end, consumers and artists are brought together by this amazing technology, and they have a level of interactivity they&#39;ve never had before," she said. "And the music industry is going to benefit, and the movie industry is gonna benefit, and emerging artists, and independent artists, and people who just want to share their views. They&#39;re all going to benefit. This technology is here to stay.
    HEY THAT NOT FAIR
    Just dont get it....You just stick with the ones that u dont have to pay for.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    i see it as i already pay, i pay my internet bill so i really do pay wat they want

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    DarkBlizzard's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by TheFilePirater@7 August 2003 - 02:57
    i see it as i already pay, i pay my internet bill so i really do pay wat they want
    ya.....they can just like take a small amount of money from ur ISP =)

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Double Agent
    Originally posted by neotheone@6 August 2003 - 20:43
    Pay-for-play on the way

She said her service and this software -- indeed the entire P2P movement -- stands to revolutionize digital content, not destroy an industry. Hemming said it&#39;ll make the industry bigger by offering more choice and getting products to consumers much faster, just as VCRs and videocassettes transformed the movie industry.

"In the end, consumers and artists are brought together by this amazing technology, and they have a level of interactivity they&#39;ve never had before," she said. "And the music industry is going to benefit, and the movie industry is gonna benefit, and emerging artists, and independent artists, and people who just want to share their views. They&#39;re all going to benefit. This technology is here to stay.
    HEY THAT NOT FAIR
    dumbest idea ever heard in my life

get a life kazaa ppl

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Originally posted by DarkBlizzard+7 August 2003 - 09:21--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DarkBlizzard @ 7 August 2003 - 09:21)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TheFilePirater@7 August 2003 - 02:57
    i see it as i already pay, i pay my internet bill so i really do pay wat they want &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;
    ya.....they can just like take a small amount of money from ur ISP =) [/b][/quote]
    From EFF...
    Bandwidth Levies
    Several people have nominated ISPs as collection points for P2P. Every Internet user gets web access from an ISP, and most have a regular financial relationship with one as well. In exchange for protection from lawsuits, ISPs could sell "licensed" accounts (at an extra charge) to P2P users. Alternatively, they could charge everyone a smaller fee and give their customers blanket protection.
    At http://www.eff.org/share/compensation.php
    Problem Solved If Wanted.