Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Modding 360

I'm looking to get a 360 in the next few days and will need to mod it. However after reading a few guides it seems a very long process. I'd be much happier to just pay some penny less student to do it for me so does anyone know any websites/companies/people who will mod a 360 in the UK? I'm happy to post the unit to them or even drive it up providing it's not hundreds of mile away from the south east.

Ta

2. Games   -   #2
    Grind$oFine's Avatar get n3rd3d BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    I'm not sure of websites for the UK, but before you go through on a website, check Craigslist for someone to do it locally.
    You may be able to save money because the mod+shipping can certainly add up, and also it wouldn't take that long so you could probably pick your Xbox back up the same day.
    I had mine modded from a guy off Craigslist, and I dropped it off, and went to get some dinner, and he called before I was even done eating and it was ready to be picked up.
    If there are no offers posted, you could make a "wanted" ad for it.

3. Games   -   #3
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Quote Originally Posted by Grind$oFine View Post
    I'm not sure of websites for the UK, but before you go through on a website, check Craigslist for someone to do it locally.
    You may be able to save money because the mod+shipping can certainly add up, and also it wouldn't take that long so you could probably pick your Xbox back up the same day.
    I had mine modded from a guy off Craigslist, and I dropped it off, and went to get some dinner, and he called before I was even done eating and it was ready to be picked up.
    Yup, thats how a friend modded it, dropped it off at some guys house who was advertising on CL and it didn't take that long at all.

The only problem/risk is, what if the guy messes up and your 360 becomes a very expensive paper weight?

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

4. Games   -   #4
    The only guy on the London craigslist was selling coppied games, I've texted him just incase he fancies doing my 360 but will have to see.

Just out of interest anyone know of any UK websites that will mod it for me if it comes to that?

5. Games   -   #5
    ASHII's Avatar Poster
    The only guy on the London craigslist was selling coppied games, I've texted him just incase he fancies doing my 360 but will have to see.

Just out of interest anyone know of any UK websites that will mod it for me if it comes to that?

yes u may be right
    great thnx

6. Games   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by ASHII View Post

yes u may be right
    great thnx
    Brilliant

The guy from Craigslist has told me about a shop in London that will do the work for £40 in 30minutes, sounds good. Only thing is they use Flash Xtreme5.2.

Can someone comment on the pros and cons of this method as all the ways I have been reading involve flashing the DVD drive and thats it? Also they claim to be able to keep all the seals intact so that I can keep my warranty?

Quote Originally Posted by Myspace of the shop
    Best in London For all Your Games Console Repair & Upgrades Xbox360 The best Mod Is the Flash Xtreme5.2 Xbox360 Flash Service using the latest Xtreme Firmware Play backup copies on your machine. Play backups online with the all new stealth games. the cost is only £40 and takes 30 mins while you wait in store you also get your original firmware + you get to keep your guarantee as no seals are removed... PSP !Psp downgrade service Can Do all Version up to 3.03 to 1.5 to or the all new dark Alex custom firmware the best a 3.10oe-A play ps1 games emulators play Games from memory card save ££ on games WII Nintendo Wii Mods the all new Wii-Key out Now Will take 45mins to 1 hour while you wait at a cost of £80 with 1 game the chip is wird on not stuck on for better connectivity please call for more details Xbox Ps2 Chipping for xbox cost £45 using Aladdin mod + Free Evo Dashboard Installation.. Ps2 Using Matrix Modbo Chips £55 For Big Ps2 & £60 for slim line no swap disc just insert games and play like an original Console Repair Services *No1 In London* All Our Parts & Labour Come With Guarantee Please Call For Repair Cost & Details Repairs from psp screens to lasers for your ps2 to xbox360 3 red light issue we cover all repairs for every console Please call for price & details PSP DS PS2 XBOX WII PS3 Call 0 7 9 0 3 1 7 8 8 2 2 or email [email protected] Thanks For Looking
    Any advice, cheers.
    Last edited by Peerzy; 04-29-2008 at 03:55 PM.

7. Games   -   #7
    lostdemon's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Con's of flashing your dvd drive are that every now and then a new firmware comes out and you have to upgrade your 360 and reflash it again.
    It's always a good idea to upgrade firmware.

Which is why it's better if you do it yourself so you don't have to pay a fee every time you want to upgrade. If you do. But it's not hard at all

Pro's of course are playing burned games.

Putting something hot like a blowdryer for example over the seal (sticker) will loosen it up making it very easy to peel off and put back on without looking like it's been tampered with. So keeping your seal intact is possible.

8. Games   -   #8
    Gish's Avatar Seeda from Hell BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Quote Originally Posted by Grind$oFine View Post
    so are you enjoying your modded 360 so far? I know that not to long ago you had it done thats why I ask!

and yes try criegslist

Edit: BTW Lostdeamon its very rare when a new update comes out. they only come out after a mass banning or something. iXtreame 1.4 is the latest update at least in the US and will probably be it for a long time!
    Last edited by Gish; 05-09-2008 at 03:53 AM.

9. Games   -   #9
    n18's Avatar Death God
    How often people get banned with flashed firmware?

10. Games   -   #10
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by n18 View Post
    How often people get banned with flashed firmware?
    no one is able to say that .... there are many lucky ppl who go live with modded consoles and dont get banned with older firmwares .... always upgrade to the latest firmware ... still not 100 % safe .....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast