Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Error message: process cannot access.....

Poster
    Cool.
    If these suggestions work, what is the reason for not having other P2P's running at the same time?

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    TheFoX's Avatar www.arsebook.com
    It may also be down to a FULL hard drive causing the torrent client to abort prematurely.
    Quote Originally Posted by OlegL
    You are one of the nicest and most mature people on this board; I would never ignore someone like you.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    It could also be a media player trying to play the files by association.

You just have to eliminate things one by one.
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Poster
    About full HD: this is possible. I am new to computers... where do I see how much space i have?

(note added: no, I have lots of space)

About media player: VLc icon has appeared with files where it did not before. Don't know if this is significant. Please explain more about this.
    Last edited by shokan; 04-12-2008 at 11:51 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    munkyboy04's Avatar Monkey Mafia BT Rep: +3
    Im sure its Google Desktop.

I recentley installed it. and after a continually got exactly the same error. It was the Utorrent forum that pointed me in the direction of google desktop.

If you have google desktop running you'll have a little red and yellow spiral icon near the clock at the bottom right hand corner of you screen. Right click on the icon and press to exit.

It will work now and you wont get the error message...

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Poster
    Original poster here:
    No, don't have Google desktop. Is there another program I might have that is similar that would cause the same problem as Google Desktop?

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    munkyboy04's Avatar Monkey Mafia BT Rep: +3
    do you use a search programe to find files on your hard drive?

ie you type in the search box to find a folder a file. That software works by checking at regular intervals for any new files on your harddrive. Utorrent doesnt like it and give you that error

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Poster
    Original poster here;
    I just use the search feature that Windows has at the startup menu. I only use it occasionally.
    Maybe I should mention again what happened today. One of four similar files completed, then the other three got the message and stopped.

Original poster here:

It has happened again. Four files have stopped, all within 30 seconds of each other, with that same message popping up. They had been going fine for an hour or so.

Don't know what try next.

Original poster here:

It has happened again. Four files have stopped, all within 30 seconds of each other, with that same message popping up. They had been going fine for an hour or so.

Don't know what try next.
    Last edited by shokan; 04-13-2008 at 12:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Stop the four torrents.

Remove the torrents from utorrent.

copy the 4 files what is left to a backup location.

Delete the original 4 files.

Copy the backups back to their original location.

Redownload the torrents from whence you got them, let them check the files and see if they will continue downloading & seeding.
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Poster
    Just to clarify, because I am not knowledgable:

Quote:
    Stop the four torrents.
    They are have already stopped in this case and have error message following name.

Remove the torrents from utorrent.
    Right click on the stopped files and click 'remove'?

copy the 4 files what is left to a backup location.
    Go to download folder and copy paste the incomplete files to a new folder somewhere?

Delete the original 4 files.
    Delete the four incomplete files in download folder?

Copy the backups back to their original location.
    Copy and paste the moved incomplete files back into download folder?

Redownload the torrents from whence you got them, let them check the files and see if they will continue downloading & seeding.
    Go back to Isohunt and re-download?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast