Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [GiVeAwAy] thread TRADERS ONLY

Poster BT Rep: +1
    ahahhaaha nice giveaway ;P +1

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #32
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanka113 View Post

Trading is immoral not because it violates tracker rules.
    Therefore anyone who freely gives away invites to strangers is immoral. for they are certainly breaking the rules of most higher level trackers.
    Look at the recent bannings here.
    Good intentions unfortunately have nothing to do with it.
    You're damning yourself with your own words.

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #33
    all i can say is lol and whats all these negative post rating threshold ?? lol once again *sigh*
    :: decoding reality ::

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #34
    m0nEy's Avatar n00b BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Trading is immoral not because it violates tracker rules. It's because they take something that should be given freely and make it into some sort of commodity that they inherently profit off of.
    Giving away invites accounts to unknown persons mainly to acquire rep points under the argument of helping FST community is immoral too, and as you saw on a post below that dude got his bitmetv account disabled because he participated in giveaway.
    As a matter of fact , 1 month ago I had the same attitude as a lot of persons here have against traders.But now I changed my attitude.You should know my friend that it is you who follows the better path.With trade you enter great trackers really fast, you make friends too and will be rewarded later.With giveaways you'll enter the trackers of your dream but a lot harder.I don't think there is a tracker out there who encourages trading and not giveaway or viceversa.
    In conclusion, too many people are very subjective and think that they thought is the best,even if you prove the contrary.
    Last edited by m0nEy; 04-13-2008 at 02:52 PM.

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #35
    Sanka113's Avatar Bobsled King BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Who says people who do giveaways ONLY give them to complete strangers? Alot of people don't seem to give credit that some people that do giveaways, do get to know the people that do giveaways. Now, for less rare invites they may be given out to anyone. But for any decent level invite most people do a little research on who they give their invites to in giveaways.
    See ya in another life, brother.

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #36
    How familiar is a person to you that you know only his nickname, his age maybe and some of his posts??? Just don't answer...

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #37
    puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Quote Originally Posted by squirr3l View Post
    You were just trying to rip off the anti-trader giveaway, weren't u?

but apparently u got 16 thumbs down just in ur opening post

and pretty much all post are under threshold
    yes, sir. seeing you in various places around, I thought you were smarter than that as to think that this was a "rip-off" thread. There is a point to this thread that everyone (besides one) has failed to see. If you and now 20 other idiots who gave me thumbs down on my post would stop and think for like 20 seconds before actng, maybe you would see things a bit more clearly.

Trading is immoral not because it violates tracker rules. It's because they take something that should be given freely and make it into some sort of commodity that they inherently profit off of.
    If you are actually a member of any tracker and read the rules, giveaways are also against the rules of almost all of them as well, so giveaways are immoral as well, whether you think so or not, anything breaking rules of the trackers is actually immoral.
    Go Leafs Go.

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #38
    your completely right my friend

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #39
    abe171's Avatar I'm Awesome BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    ok guys I got the point .... this giveaway was not giveaway ... my mistake sorry. Have a nice day and I'm closing this thread
    Traders-1 Anti-traders-0

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #40
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    Nice giveaway. I would like to commend you for representing a part of this community that has become much maligned among many of its members, the trader. Having lurked amongst this forum for quite a while as both guest and member, I have noticed a lot of anti-trader sentiment, which has become fashionable for many who have absolutely no idea why they hate them. I've seen a lot of arguments as to why they hate them, but they make little sense....trading something that should be free, immorality, equating traders to cheaters or collectors, etc. I can see how someone would not want to give an invite to someone who would only turn around and trade the acount, but really who's fault would that be. Maybe those who are afraid of inviting a trader should only invite someone they know and can therefore vouch for, which is likely why many trackers don't allow public giveaways to random strangers, as an "anti-trader" has recently found out (oh, the irony).

Obviously, those who trade to get into trackers are every bit as capable as anyone else to become an active member in the community with a positive ratio, as the OP has more than proven with his numerous invites and giveaways. Although I have not traded anything to get into a tracker, I can honestly say that I would not hesitate to trade an invite to get into a tracker that has eluded me. Done discreetly and with some research on both parts of the trade, there is just as much risk onvolved as giving an invite to an internet "friend". And, to those who belive that there is something wrong with attaching a value to an invite to or an account at a private tracker, you only have those trackers and forums like FST to blame. It is they who have created this value through scarcity and the WTAW section.

The anti-trader sentiment rampant in these forums is tantamount to bigotry, as many of the so called anti-traders have shown nothing but intolerance and ignorance in regards to a group of people without any real reason other than the method in which they get into a tracker. I prefer not to be so narrow-minded as many traders can and have proven themselves a valuable member of both the FST community and the varied communities of the trackers in which they are a member.

Once again, puckface, I commend you for your unique giveaway.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast