Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Best way to get your foot in the door? (Metaphorically speaking)

superclover's Avatar Weezy Baby
    when he said share i think he meant give out invites
    waffles invites are given i think to PU and donators
    also it is best not to trade, it makes earning higher tracker levels a lot easier when you have good friends and you will find you hold more respect

=]
    ooooooooh! i get it, this is the part where i brag about what trackers i am on!

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    BANNED BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Actually I meant share the invites that you have..

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    So would you say maybe try to get an invite to the level 2 torrent sites in the sticky, and then once I earn invitations at those just give them out?
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by superclover View Post
    dont trade
    make friends by giving what you have

=]
    Friends are the people who don't ask anything of you.
    What your talking about sounds like trading to me.Give so you get.
    I fail to see any difference. Being nice should be an end in itself.

I wish you the very best of luck ca_aok whatever your decision is.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    idoleyes what i meant was meet people through giving gifts, not giving then asking them for something

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    BANNED BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    PM me if interested in a free demonoid..

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    and pm me if you are interested in what.cd invite =]

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Aether's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    Quote Originally Posted by ca_aok View Post
    So would you say maybe try to get an invite to the level 2 torrent sites in the sticky, and then once I earn invitations at those just give them out?
    Keep an eye on the open signups thread too, there are many decent trackers there you can signup and give out invites when you get them

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    That was a nice thing you did superclover.
    That proved your point more than anything you could have said.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Grind$oFine's Avatar get n3rd3d BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    My advice would be to stay away from trading, read the rules of each tracker and follow them as carefully as possible - which includes, not sharing/giving away accounts, and not carelessly giving out invites to people you don't know anything about. Not only will you get a better reputation around the BT scene with the more established members, you'll ensure your own accounts' safety - it's not that difficult to get banned.
    If you stick around here, be helpful and be productive - don't just spam to up your post count. You will get noticed.

If you do these things, in a matter of months or possibly less, you would be able to get into any tracker for the most part - assuming you're genuine about it.

Also, at Waffles, I'm not sure if they still do it, but they gave me an invite every time I uploaded a torrent, even when I wasn't a PU - so maybe if your friend does that, he'll get an invite and you can get in.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast