Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Best way to get your foot in the door? (Metaphorically speaking)

scam your way !

post that you have f*** or uk-t and want anything else and let them go first ,
    and you can always use a middle man " your buddy " .
    Last edited by S3v3N; 04-13-2008 at 07:04 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    tusks's Avatar ¯\(°_o)/¯ BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by S3v3N View Post
    scam your way !

Is that supposed to be a joke

Anyways, always check for giveaways and if your requests are really heartfelt, you will probably get the invite you want. Also, making friends doesn't hurt at all

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    TidusBlade's Avatar Watermelon Knight BT Rep: +3
    Check out the invites section and the open signups and soon you'll be in a couple of trackers and build yourself from there

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by ca_aok View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions so far. A few things I've noted:
    "Get noticed at private trackers"
    I'd need to find some first of all. Would you recommend simply checking the ones that periodically open each day hoping to get lucky?
    2.Share(not trade) what you have. Once you are seen sharing what you have and being active you will be rewarded.
    3.Be active in your trackers and respect their rules. You will not get far without doing this.
    Don't these two contradict each other? I thought private sites generally kept tabs on the IPs being used by their users so that accounts can't be shared around.

As for friends who could help, my cousin recently got into waffles but he's not really sure about when he gets invites/whether he gets them period, so I figured I'd start looking around. Ultimately that's probably where I'd like to end up but I realize I need to start small.
    he didnt mean share accounts, he meant share invites. now if you don't already have STMusic i'd be happy to invite you there. besides what and waffles it is definately the best music tracker. and if you have good proofs of being able to keep ratio on a site that has no bonus systems, i just might invite you to what.cd

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    scam your way !

Dang should've thought of that
    Last edited by ca_aok; 04-07-2009 at 04:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    mamacita's Avatar Tarding is bad!! BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by Quylui View Post
    Being active on FST will get you absolutely nowhere.

There are members here at FST from every tracker, but I can nearly guarantee that nothing will come of a request from here.
    Sorry, but this gives a very negative and untrue view of FST.

I have gotten most of my trackers from FST people, based solely on their kindness. I even had an extremely unlikely request granted to me.

So don't lose hope!
    Kindness goes a long way!

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    I'll give you my side of the story but also take a little bit of advice from every other members to get a full perspective on things. I came to FST in October after Oink was forced to close it's doors. All I can say from experience I now have is.

1. Be ACTIVE (Everywhere including FST).
    2. Network and make friends (Choose them WISELY).
    3. Help people (Not just for show either).
    4. Give great advice (On things you know without a doubt).
    5. Always have an opinion. (When it's your turn, time, and place to have one)
    6. Treat people the way you want to be treated.
    7. Do not trade your way in (If you want hard to get trackers).
    8. Love your bt tracker (Whether if it's for it's content or community).
    9. Practice security and do the right thing.
    10. Participate and try to get noticed in a good light only .
    11. Nobody is perfect and everyone had flaws.
    12. Do not put the Bt world over REAL LIFE.
    13. Take caution before you act cause it will either have a positive or negative effect.
    14. Always respect staff even if some are arrogant (bt world is a very small one)
    15. Always follow the rules best you can and read faq's and rule guidelines (important)

Thats really it. Just soak all the advice you can get.
    Last edited by grimms; 04-13-2008 at 09:29 PM.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by grimms View Post
    I'll give you my side of the story but also take a little bit of advice from every other members to get a full perspective on things. I came to FST in October after Oink was forced to close it's doors. All I can say from experience I now have is.

13. Take caution before you act cause it will either have a positive or negative effect.
    14. Always respect staff even if some are arrogant (bt world is a very small one)
    15. Always follow the rules best you can and read faq's and rule guidelines (important)

Do not put the Bt world over REAL LIFEplease follow this...unlike typing 15 pointers... ,wow good one grimms,very smart like always...

to the op:just do what u want man,you can almost get away with the anything on the internet, if u find it hard to start with ,,trade initially and then to get the hard ones come back here, tell every one you have changed (even better tell them you never traded) make a few low level giveaways because they are low levels thier rules doesnt mean anything and they were never meant to have a community ...i mean trackers like revtt,scc,tl,demonoid others....

always rememeber, community and rules are meant only for level 6 and above.....and spam a lot or traders threads talking about rules and community and how important it is,and preach whats right whats wrong, thus you declare yourself as an "anti-trader" and you get all the invites u want ,thats the end of journey
    Last edited by stitched; 04-13-2008 at 11:11 PM.

"All that is gold does not glitter;all that is long does not last;All that is old does not wither; not all that is over is past..... "

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    And don't repetitively post the obvious or repeat what has already previously been said in threads.

If you have an opinion or thought, make it an original one and make short, sweet & succinct.
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by stitched View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by grimms View Post

Do not put the Bt world over REAL LIFEplease follow this...unlike typing 15 pointers... ,wow good one grimms,very smart like always...

to the op:just do what u want man,you can almost get away with the anything on the internet, if u find it hard to start with ,,trade initially and then to get the hard ones come back here, tell every one you have changed (even better tell them you never traded) make a few low level giveaways because they are low levels thier rules doesnt mean anything and they were never meant to have a community ...i mean trackers like revtt,scc,tl,demonoid others....

always rememeber, community and rules are meant only for level 6 and above.....and spam a lot or traders threads talking about rules and community and how important it is,and preach whats right whats wrong, thus you declare yourself as an "anti-trader" and you get all the invites u want ,thats the end of journey
    what a load of bollocks.

Community and rules are only meant for lvl 6 and above trackers, ive heard everything now.

I am not going to bash lvl 6 and above trackers, they have their purpose. but Bittorrent is all about sharing.

I love to see 2000 seeds on a game on BCG, you will very rarely see that many snatches on a lvl 6 and above tracker, never mind seeds on the thing.

to me a tracker should be about fast speeds, loads of seeders, lots of leechers, loads of content even from a year back where you can still download it if you want and faster than 5KBs, loads of members taking part in the community, even if its just the torrent comments, we get about 4000 torrent comments a week on BCG now thats community.

Sorry but that post has just got what everything is wrong with the WTAW thread to a fucking tea (i dont swear often but you have got me pissed).

respect all your trackers, doesnt matter if its lvl 1 or lvl 10000000, lvls are just a load of bollocks anyway.

Edit: i have just re-read it, and im not sure if everything in bold was sarcasm or not, if it was i appologize, its late here, its its not, then it is a load of bollocks lol
    Last edited by stoi; 04-13-2008 at 11:47 PM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast