Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Best way to get your foot in the door? (Metaphorically speaking)

ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Being active on FST will get you absolutely nowhere.

There are members here at FST from every tracker, but I can nearly guarantee that nothing will come of a request from here.
    Judging by the response I've gotten within one day, especially since I'm relatively unknown, I can definitely say that's a lie. And on that note I'd like to thank everyone for their advice so far.
    to the op:just do what u want man,you can almost get away with the anything on the internet, if u find it hard to start with ,,trade initially and then to get the hard ones come back here, tell every one you have changed (even better tell them you never traded) make a few low level giveaways because they are low levels thier rules doesnt mean anything and they were never meant to have a community ...i mean trackers like revtt,scc,tl,demonoid others....

always rememeber, community and rules are meant only for level 6 and above.....and spam a lot or traders threads talking about rules and community and how important it is,and preach whats right whats wrong, thus you declare yourself as an "anti-trader" and you get all the invites u want ,thats the end of journey
    I'm not really sure if this was a joke or not, but in any case I wasn't expecting to be on a level 6+ tracker anytime soon, I'm perfectly happy with these lower level trackers. And I'm certainly not going to be doing most of that, though from a cynical viewpoint that's likely in a nutshell how many made it into the top trackers :p
    Last edited by ca_aok; 04-07-2009 at 04:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stitched View Post

Do not put the Bt world over REAL LIFEplease follow this...unlike typing 15 pointers... ,wow good one grimms,very smart like always...

to the op:just do what u want man,you can almost get away with the anything on the internet, if u find it hard to start with ,,trade initially and then to get the hard ones come back here, tell every one you have changed (even better tell them you never traded) make a few low level giveaways because they are low levels thier rules doesnt mean anything and they were never meant to have a community ...i mean trackers like revtt,scc,tl,demonoid others....

always rememeber, community and rules are meant only for level 6 and above.....and spam a lot or traders threads talking about rules and community and how important it is,and preach whats right whats wrong, thus you declare yourself as an "anti-trader" and you get all the invites u want ,thats the end of journey
    what a load of bollocks.

Community and rules are only meant for lvl 6 and above trackers, ive heard everything now.

I am not going to bash lvl 6 and above trackers, they have their purpose. but Bittorrent is all about sharing.

I love to see 2000 seeds on a game on BCG, you will very rarely see that many snatches on a lvl 6 and above tracker, never mind seeds on the thing.

to me a tracker should be about fast speeds, loads of seeders, lots of leechers, loads of content even from a year back where you can still download it if you want and faster than 5KBs, loads of members taking part in the community, even if its just the torrent comments, we get about 4000 torrent comments a week on BCG now thats community.

Sorry but that post has just got what everything is wrong with the WTAW thread to a fucking tea (i dont swear often but you have got me pissed).

respect all your trackers, doesnt matter if its lvl 1 or lvl 10000000, lvls are just a load of bollocks anyway.
    I think you miss the sarcasm in his post, which if you read between the lines, is very accurate actually
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    yeah i re-read it and edited my post above, i read it first and just seen red, usually im a bit more refined and read over and over, this time i didnt lol

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    Quylui's Avatar YAY FOR TRADING
    Quote Originally Posted by ca_aok View Post
    Judging by the response I've gotten within one day, especially since I'm relatively unknown, I can definitely say that's a lie. And on that note I'd like to thank everyone for their advice so far, and especially those who have extended invitations to me.
    You will learn soon enough, young padawan, that what I say is far from a lie.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    Poster BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    its like the saying, its who you know, not what you know thats very important when it comes to trying to join other trackers
    pictures of you!! pictures of me!!

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    BANNED BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Dude got both feet in the door, huh?

:whistle:

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    Sanka113's Avatar Bobsled King BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by tusks View Post

Anyways, always check for giveaways and if your requests are really heartfelt, you will probably get the invite you want. Also, making friends doesn't hurt at all

Don't make request threads for trackers with rare invites without being active first. Alot of noobs make a request to let's say Bitmetv, and expect people to fulfill them. If you remain active, work your way up the tracker level ladder, and friendly, then and only then you should make a request for a rarer invite tracker. The reason why most of the request for higher level trackers aren't fulfilled is because the person hasn't earned them yet.

Giveaways:

When you enter a giveaway first, read the rules. State why you want the invite that they are giving away. Be as honest and detailed as possible as why you want to be on the tracker, what you have to offer as a member at that tracker, etc. Second, use the tracker. Alot of people ask for invites to trackers and never use them. Before you enter ask for an invite in a giveaway, read the check out the tracker reviews thread.

When you do a giveaway try to avoid giving them out to just anybody. The rarer the invite the more thorough you should be in giving the invite. Treat your giveaways like a group interview then researach your invitee Simply don't base who you give an invite to on ratio and speed proofs, but go through their post history, ask for user profile links, chat with them on IM, and then if you feel they deserve your invite then provide them with one. Remember that when you make a giveaway you are NOT obligated to give out an invite if you feel that the field of candidates is weak. Just hold on to your invites and do another giveaway later or even better check out candidates from similar giveaways.

Heed this advice and you'll get what you want in time.

GL on your BT journey.
    Last edited by Sanka113; 04-14-2008 at 06:05 AM.
    See ya in another life, brother.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    Poster BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    There is no best way. Do as you feel. To be active and make friends just to get invitations for here and there is at least ridiculous. Of course, if you are a community guy and love it , its another story.

I can see you have received some invites by now, so your thread has good point.
    If you feel so, shoot me a pm to show that you are good "what" user. It will take some time of course... After that we can have a little chat and you may receive some invites from me.

Till then - Good Luck

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    The Wanderer's Avatar e pluribus unum
    Open signups first. Then I found out about levels which made me curious about what other trackers have to offer regarding content, speed and in the end pretimes. So I start posting in various BT communities until I find the best one (and no, it's not FST). I tried to be active and help out other members and I made friends, which ultimately invited me to some high level trackers. That was the moment when I found out the "awful" truth. With some minor exceptions the level means nothing. Trust me on that. RevoTT, TL (for 0day), hdbits (for HD), tv.torrents.to (for tv shows) and what.cd/waffles (for music) are all you'll ever need in BT world.

Quote Originally Posted by ca_aok View Post
    So I'm curious... how did you all get started?
    Live long and prosper.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post

what a load of bollocks.

Community and rules are only meant for lvl 6 and above trackers, ive heard everything now.

I am not going to bash lvl 6 and above trackers, they have their purpose. but Bittorrent is all about sharing.

I love to see 2000 seeds on a game on BCG, you will very rarely see that many snatches on a lvl 6 and above tracker, never mind seeds on the thing.

to me a tracker should be about fast speeds, loads of seeders, lots of leechers, loads of content even from a year back where you can still download it if you want and faster than 5KBs, loads of members taking part in the community, even if its just the torrent comments, we get about 4000 torrent comments a week on BCG now thats community.

Sorry but that post has just got what everything is wrong with the WTAW thread to a fucking tea (i dont swear often but you have got me pissed).

respect all your trackers, doesnt matter if its lvl 1 or lvl 10000000, lvls are just a load of bollocks anyway.

Edit: i have just re-read it, and im not sure if everything in bold was sarcasm or not, if it was i appologize, its late here, its its not, then it is a load of bollocks lol
    well i am glad you posted this stoi,atleast some one cares....well, if i call the color white as white every one has problems with it,and its load of bollocks..if i say white as the color of milk....then no one complains...

whatever u said bollocks, has been happening on FST from a very long time...some one must be blind not to see it...i just told you how it happens ,its not sumthing i made up,and some people hate me for the way i post..

and as far as me Pirate Bay and Demonoid is more important then any high level tracker......i used to have no rules and trade away into almost anything a long time back...now that i have almost everything i want and like i always say i am not really greedy ,i doo try and not break any rule,i value demonoid invite as much as a norbit invite...and i am not the one who is gonna be inviting some one i dont know.

Black Cats ,TL,SCC,REVTT,PT,The Vault-----i really have tons of respect for those ,now that i have matured more in the bittorrent,

i wish more people tot the way u doo stoi....well not every one is a admin where "2000 seeds on a game on BCG, you will very rarely see that many snatches , fast speeds, loads of seeders, lots of leechers, loads of content even from a year back where you can still download it if you want and faster than 5KBs, loads of members taking part in the community, even if its just the torrent comments, we get about 4000 torrent comments a week on BCG NOW THATS A COMMUNITY.some people deserve to be what they are and u r definately one of those.

"All that is gold does not glitter;all that is long does not last;All that is old does not wither; not all that is over is past..... "

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast