Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread: Best way to get your foot in the door? (Metaphorically speaking)

ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Compare a lower end music site to Pedro's or E and you'll see that it's true. The thing is on big trackers people simply don't care and are just there to leech. Thousands of users will simply download without commenting or participating in the community in any way. I have an upload on What with a few hundred snatches and 1 comment. Another has 1500 snatches and the only comment was someone complaining about how long it took to download on a 40kB/s upstream. Anything I upload on Pedro's/E has at least 1/4 of the people comment and/or say thanks, often more. So yes, it happens. As for public trackers obviously they have more, the issues are quality control and increased risk in getting letters from the record/movie industries, plus the bad speeds and massive hit-and-run problems.
    Last edited by ca_aok; 04-07-2009 at 07:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

2. BitTorrent   -   #72
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by ca_aok View Post
    Compare a lower end music site to Pedro's or E and you'll see that it's true. The thing is on big trackers people simply don't care and are just there to leech. Thousands of users will simply download without commenting or participating in the community in any way. I have an upload on What with a few hundred snatches and 1 comment. Another has 1500 snatches and the only comment was someone complaining about how long it took to download on a 40kB/s upstream. Anything I upload on Pedro's/E has at least 1/4 of the people comment and/or say thanks, often more. So yes, it happens.
    Very true. The amount of comments for the uploads at the two small lossless trackers outweigh, by far, the comments on the two huge general music trackers. But to be fair, comments and discussions are really encouraged on the small music trackers.

As for the amount of comments/discussions on torrents between the small and large 0day trackers, I don't think the same is true. Look at the amount of comments on the uploads at ftn, tl, revtt, and ipt. You'll see there are more on those three larger trackers than that one small tracker. From what I've seen at least.

So for your argument, I think your statement is true between the small and large music sites. But not between the small and large 0day trackers. But again, at least from what I've seen. I spend a whole lot more time on music sites than I do at 0day/general sites.

Good post though. And nice update.

3. BitTorrent   -   #73
    Roooney's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I think there's no real answer to your question. It's like Stoi said on the first page, what might work for me may not work for you. All I can say is be friendly, helpful and active, that should help you a lot. I have what I want because of this (except 1 tracker) so that worked for me

4. BitTorrent   -   #74
    harshytkage's Avatar Tarders BEWARE! BT Rep: +2
    hehehe...look...take my example, i've come from TBP to this from absolutely nothing in a space of weeks, i mean, my first PT was Funfile(WTF!?!), and that was in december, now i have more than i ever need(literally?...umm maybe not :p), really, trading wont get ytou anywhere where normal activity wouldn't, i've gotten into waffles after practically nfin except being here, so trading is not an option(in my book neways)!
    Spoiler: Show

5. BitTorrent   -   #75
    Poster
    Trading is not the easiest way, and as soon as staff know you're a trainer it makes getting into ANY tracker hard.

The easiest way to get into high-level trackers without having any contacts, is to take the What.CD interview, and attain Power User on that tracker. Once you get that far, you can get an invite on most other sites through the Invite forum...

At that point it's really easy.

edit:
    Only one year after I made this post, I managed to get onto almost every torrent site I wanted, including some which aren't even mentioned here . Basically started at What.CD, became Power User, and got into other trackers through the Invite forum. Then eventually I made friends through the forums/IRC and got into some of the harder to find trackers. So in one short year, I went from having nothing but Demonoid to having two of the "Level 9" trackers as they're listed here.
    Oh, lol.
    That's exactly what you did.
    I told you it's the best way. (:

Quote Originally Posted by Villalltheway View Post
    However the smaller sites are nice because people generally comment and thank you for your uploads, and there's a much higher number of snatches proportional to the number of members on the site.
    No offence not trying to be argumentative but i really disagree with that, u hardly get any or if any comments on torrents at smaller trackers compared to big trackers. It just wouldnt make sence for that to happen.
    I'd agree, except speciality or community trackers, are small but very active.
    Last edited by lhnz; 04-08-2009 at 03:34 PM.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678