Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Zero Point Energy

Aberrant
    Originally posted by nigel123@6 August 2003 - 23:42
    I must be getting old. In my days( now I sound old) magnetic fields had no effect on aluminium
    ... and then they invented the wheel and the whole world changed!

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Poster
    Originally posted by nigel123@7 August 2003 - 05:42
    I must be getting old. In my days( now I sound old) magnetic fields had no effect on aluminium
    not magnetic fields, electrostatic maybe. I have no idea what the terms used for this phenomenon are though.

3. Lounge   -   #23
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by nigel123@7 August 2003 - 05:42
    Go back and read it again.
    Magnetic fields to remove ferrous waste.
    Moving electrical fields to remove aluminium.

Edit: I believe it's called field induction.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by lynx+7 August 2003 - 06:47--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lynx @ 7 August 2003 - 06:47)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-nigel123@7 August 2003 - 05:42
    Go back and read it again.
    Magnetic fields to remove ferrous waste.
    Moving electrical fields to remove aluminium.

Edit: I believe it&#39;s called field induction. [/b][/quote]
    That&#39;s proof, I am getting old.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Aberrant
    Nevertheless....

Aluminum does have magnetic properties, they&#39;re just so minimal in comparison to ferrous metals that it&#39;s barely noticable.

Yet, you can see that a magnetic field will move an aluminum object by reading this.

Lord, I feel like such a geek right now.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by titey@7 August 2003 - 06:00
    Nevertheless....

Aluminum does have magnetic properties, they&#39;re just so minimal in comparison to ferrous metals that it&#39;s barely noticable.

Yet, you can see that a magnetic field will move an aluminum object by reading this.

Lord, I feel like such a geek right now.
    I think the article is saying that a magnetic field is produced in the aluminium ball or cylinder by the generation of eddy currents, not that the aluminium has significant magnetic properties itself.

It is the generation of eddy currents which is important, another example of field induction.

Edit: and on that note, I feel induced to go to bed.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

7. Lounge   -   #27
    This reminds of those N.A.S.A scientists that created that cannon that shot dead chickens at the windshield of spaceshuttles to test their strength. It was such A neat invention that the Japanese Wanted to borrow it to test it on their new high speed train windshield. So the big day arrived and they all watched in horror as the chicken smashed through their new windshield, snapped the conductor&#39;s chair completely in half and then lodged itself in the back wall of the cabin. Well obviously they had no idea what to make of all this so the Japanese scientists packed up all the data and sent it back to N.A.S.A. After long deliberation N.A.S.A. got back to the japanese with this conclusion... THAW THE CHICKEN&#33;

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Poster
    welcome to a whole new world titey >>

chrish123171... too late, wrong country

http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?sho...0736&hl=chicken

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Originally posted by balamm@7 August 2003 - 05:29

chrish123171... too late, wrong country

That figures I heard it on the radio it&#39;s typical that we would try to put our name on the story instead of being the ones to look stupid. Still A very funny story either way.

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Aberrant
    Is that you, b???

Originally posted by balamm@7 August 2003 - 00:29
    welcome to a whole new world titey >>

I had no idea???

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast