Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: BT Safety for Dummies

Quote Originally Posted by slaughterads View Post
    NO 'blocking' software will protect you from a third party retrieving the cloud list OF WHICH YOU ARE PART from the tracker.
    Of course giving your IP is unavoidable when announcing to the tracker, and as long as you're active on that torrent (and often afterwards, due to peer caching) others will be able to get it. The idea here is preventing the bad "others" from connecting to you - which isn't a flawless concept, but yes better than going unprotected, specially on public torrents.
    Last edited by anon; 02-25-2010 at 09:47 PM.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

2. Guides and Tutorials   -   #32
    QPD's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    usually they are after the big fish, so i am not worried..yet!
    Too often, we loose sight of life's simple pleasures.Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that mother!%$@%# upside the head!

3. Guides and Tutorials   -   #33
    Thanks,

Didnt know about that scams,
    Thanks a Lot :p

4. Guides and Tutorials   -   #34
    yeah its never been safe, they will catch isp, use seedboxxxxxx

5. Guides and Tutorials   -   #35
    I wish I had this when I first started to BT.

6. Guides and Tutorials   -   #36
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    guide for n00bs

7. Guides and Tutorials   -   #37
    To be on safer side , use Private trackers with Seedboxes. anonymizing services are banned on mostly private trackers.

8. Guides and Tutorials   -   #38
    thanks for the guide.

9. Guides and Tutorials   -   #39
    Quote Originally Posted by diew View Post
    To be on safer side , use Private trackers with Seedboxes
    100% agreed , using seedboxes with closed communities will avoid so many safety options you should do to be in the safe side , and then you just download your files from the box with a FTP access . However enjoy sharing in that case doesn't exist and that's why many people may ignore it just for the fun ( and they're right about that )

For me , it's not an issue here yet to download copyrighted materials but if it'd ever exsisted i wouldn't hesitate to use seedboxes

Good Luck evrybody
    Last edited by iSam; 12-30-2010 at 04:38 AM.

10. Guides and Tutorials   -   #40
    Quote Originally Posted by iSam View Post
    100% agreed , using seedboxes with closed communities will avoid so many safety options you should do to be in the safe side , and then you just download your files from the box with a FTP access . However enjoy sharing in that case doesn't exist and that's why many people may ignore it just for the fun ( and they're right about that )
    Want security? Can afford paying? Don't want to feel bad about not sharing(!)? Then just pay for a Usenet service.
    Last edited by anon; 12-30-2010 at 05:20 AM.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast