It might be that this is not the appropriate place for this post, but as the invites section is one that most needs such a system so i've decided to post it here.
As it seems that lately everyone started hating somebody (I personally don't, well... maybe this one member that is pissing me off!), i thought that instead of the usuall dissing and flaming, we might be better of using a new bump down system.
So this is how it goes:
* You can bump down one thread every 24h.
* Bump downs are anonymous unless the user wants otherwise.
* A bump down will cost 1 rep. point, since in my opinion if you are a hater or even if you are just pissed of, it shakes your credibility.
Here there are two options, one:
* Once a thread has been bumped down it will end up at the end of the page.
* A bumped down thread cannot be bumped up by the owner!
* The thread will not be bumped up by new posts from other users.
* After 24h everything goes back to noraml.
Alternatively (I like this one better):
* Everything is as notmal except that when the thread is bumped up by the owner or because of a new post it will only go one level up instead of going straight to the top of the page.
* The above behavior will remain until the thread is closed.
In my opinion, such a system will allow to get rid of unnecessary posts quicker than usual... threads that falme easily can be put out quickly by gracious members. In addition, those hanging points can be used for a far better useful and fun purpose.