Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast

Thread: Land Of The Free? Imprisonment Without Trial

chalice's Avatar ____________________
    Originally posted by j2k4@10 September 2003 - 13:02
    Lynx-

I really hate to have to insist, but:

(Quote/j2k4)
    YOU go back and re-read the thread, Lynx-I didn't deny mentioning civilian proceedings; I DID deny mentioning military tribunals.

I'm not confused as to what I wrote; why you are, I cannot fathom.

Neither do I know why you are pursuing this-continuing does not decrease your wrongness on this point.

I must nonetheless apologize for my tardiness in returning post; I have not been properly situated as to proximity or timeliness during the board's intervening and infrequent spasms of usability.

I hope I have posted in time to alleviate your apparent apoplexy.

EBP-

I should have known you would chime in; a free ride on Lynx's comfy coattails, with nothing to offer beyond the usual insult.

But, as with friend Lynx, I must apologize to you for my delayed response.

Poor EBP-

Just look at you-your bib is soaked!!

Rat-

I'm baffled; I am not usually left to conclude you haven't read my posts.

Oh. well-

As you say: CHEERS!
    And with that, the traveller returned.
    Welcome back, j24k. Been a little slow round here.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #72
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Thank you, sir.

I missed everyone here-even....some people.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. The Drawing Room   -   #73
    BANNED
    Well, well, what a thread this is.

Listening to the crap j2k4 has come up with on this issue, it is no wonder to me that the United States is now more unpopular around the world than it has ever been.

911 was inevitable, it had to happen, and it had to happen to the US. Not only that, it will happen again, and again. The bully will be brought to it's knees, just like in Vietnam. Your economy will be crushed, another depression is on it's way.

On that note, I'd like to ask you to stop for one minute, and silently reflect on the true victims of 911, the 20-30,000 innocent Afghani civilians slaughtered by US forces in the name of revenge!

4. The Drawing Room   -   #74
    Actually between 2 and 5 thousand were killed by US forces, the other 15000 died because of starvation and various other problems.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #75
    BANNED
    Well actually ilw, no-one knows how many were killed. The figures I use are the ones supplied by friends of mine who work in Afghanistan. Their estimates are 20-30,000, and as they are on the ground there, I'll take their word for it, certainly over any US estimates. Whatever the figure, it was still far more than died on 911!

6. The Drawing Room   -   #76
    Independent estimates have put the number at less than a thousand confirmed deaths, a much maligned report from Professor Herold of the University of New Hampshire estimated around 3-5000 and that is the highest number i've seen quoted by anyone as number killed in the war. Are u sure your friends (reliable sources that they are) are not including the number that died as non-direct consequences eg famine & disease due to fleeing the fighting?

7. The Drawing Room   -   #77
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by Billy_Dean@10 September 2003 - 09:00
    Well, well, what a thread this is.

Listening to the crap j2k4 has come up with on this issue, it is no wonder to me that the United States is now more unpopular around the world than it has ever been.

911 was inevitable, it had to happen, and it had to happen to the US.  Not only that, it will happen again, and again.  The bully will be brought to it's knees, just like in Vietnam.  Your economy will be crushed, another depression is on it's way.

On that note, I'd like to ask you to stop for one minute, and silently reflect on the true victims of 911, the 20-30,000 innocent Afghani civilians slaughtered by US forces in the name of revenge!

Yes, Billy.

I'm sure there will be repeat performances of 9/11, each accompanied by your cheers.

To bad you couldn't be bothered to butt your spliff long enough to aid the effort, huh?

BTW-I always reflect silently-it is the only way.

Apparently you have missed the thrust of my posting.

The U.S. has suffered the slings and arrows it has precisely because we have cared-it is my contention the process would be better served if we did not care.

It is also my contention you haven't the slightest idea what a real bully is.

And this-

You sure threw those figures around with abandon, only to immediately confess "no-one knows how many were killed".

I guess that type of irresponsibility isn't really....um.....irresponsible, when practiced by someone such as yourself, though.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

8. The Drawing Room   -   #78
    BANNED
    Haha! I'm surprised you feel you have any credibility left after Rat Faced built a brick wall in front of your arguments!

And by the way, there are two O's in too, if you're gonna pull other people up for their spelling at least have the good grace to set an example.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #79
    lynx's Avatar .
    @j2k4, if you can not acknowledge your own posts when they are pointed out to you, it would suggest you do not have the intellectual capacity for it to be worthwhile trying to hold a meaningful debate, consequently I shall cease responding to your childlike meanderings.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #80
    BANNED
    Hi Lynx, how's your head? It must be frustrating banging your head against a brick wall!

Thanx for your input here, it's been a pleasure reading sensible posts.

Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast