Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast

Thread: Land Of The Free? Imprisonment Without Trial

clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by Billy_Dean@10 September 2003 - 09:09
    Hi Lynx, how's your head? It must be frustrating banging your head against a brick wall!

Thanx for your input here, it's been a pleasure reading sensible posts.

I can only assume that your definition of "sensible" is "You agree with me".

It's quite an unassailable position you've staked out for yourself Billy.

When the US employs direct military intervention, we are "bullies".
    When the US uses diplomatic methods ( North Korea, China) we are "cowards".

BTW, exactly who are these mysterious " friends on the ground" that you are so fond of using as sources?
    You keep posting 20-30,000 dead in Afgahanistan as though that were a figure that is undeniable.
    Without any idea as to the qualifications and veracity of your "sources" that assertion is unacceptable.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

2. The Drawing Room   -   #82
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by Billy_Dean@10 September 2003 - 09:58
    Haha! I'm surprised you feel you have any credibility left after Rat Faced built a brick wall in front of your arguments!

And by the way, there are two O's in too, if you're gonna pull other people up for their spelling at least have the good grace to set an example.

Rat didn't build a brick wall; you are misled.

The selectivity of argument you and Lynx demonstrate is typical of your ilk.

I do, however, appreciate your mention of my error in the spelling of so basic a word as too; my laziness at using a spell-check is pure sloth.

I thank you.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. The Drawing Room   -   #83
    Its good to see the MO of j2k4 hasnt changed. Abandon the topic and shoot the messenger asap. This occurred immediately after RF's very insightful post.

Strange that...

Originally posted by j2k4+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (j2k4)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    The U.S. has suffered the slings and arrows it has precisely because we have cared-it is my contention the process would be better served if we did not care.
    [/b]

caring = overthrowing democratically elected Gvts and installing dictators that kill thousands of their fellow countrymen..

LMAO&#33;

Seriously though I think echidna hit the nail on the head with this post..

<!--QuoteBegin-echidna

there seems to be a blindness for these strings of history in much of the voiced american opinion, failure to account for the american involvement in afghanistan, egypt, iran, lebanon, saudi arabia, turkey not to mention israel/palestine negates the plausibility of most of these explanations.
    i fear this retards US foreign policy and our discussion of it for the foreseeable future.
    [/quote]

The lack of knowledge about the history of their countries foreign policy and its relation to todays terrorist problem really does make any informed debate impossible.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #84
    BANNED
    Haha&#33; You lot really are a scream&#33;

I worked with your lot Clocko, many times. My first encounter with the CIA was in Morocco in 1973, if you knew what we were up to there ....... Haha&#33;

My last outing was into Afghanistan in 1981, we had our agenda, we thought the CIA were working with us. Of course, they were doing their thing, as always&#33;

If you choose to believe the crap your government tells you, that&#39;s your problem. Just don&#39;t try telling me&#33;

@ j2k4: And my "Ilk", arsehole, risked, and still risk our lives protecting pricks like you.

EDIT:
    Without any idea as to the qualifications and veracity of your "sources" that assertion is unacceptable.
    Where are the qualifications and veracity of your "sources"?

5. The Drawing Room   -   #85
    Originally posted by Billy_Dean@10 September 2003 - 10:58
    Haha&#33;&nbsp; You lot really are a scream&#33;

I worked with your lot Clocko, many times.&nbsp; My first encounter with the CIA was in Morocco in 1973, if you knew what we were up to there ....... Haha&#33;

My last outing was into Afghanistan in 1981, we had our agenda, we thought the CIA were working with us.&nbsp; Of course, they were doing their thing, as always&#33;&nbsp;

If you choose to believe the crap your government tells you, that&#39;s your problem.&nbsp; Just don&#39;t try telling me&#33;

@ j2k4:&nbsp; And my "Ilk", arsehole, risked, and still risk our lives protecting pricks like you.

So you are what?
    James Bond?

Edit:
    Where are the qualifications and veracity of your "sources"?
    I am not the one posting unverifiable statistics, am I?

6. The Drawing Room   -   #86
    BANNED
    So you are what?
    James Bond?

Wouldn&#39;t you like to know&#33;&#33;

I am not the one posting unverifiable statistics, am I?
    No, you&#39;re just questioning mine. As i said before, I&#39;d rather believe my sources than listen to any more crap from the US government. Who aren&#39;t particularly known for telling the truth, are they?? ie. Nixon, (Watergate), Reagan, (Iran Contra), Clinton, (Monica), Bush, (WMD).

7. The Drawing Room   -   #87
    Originally posted by Billy_Dean@10 September 2003 - 11:02
    So you are what?
    James Bond?

Wouldn&#39;t you like to know&#33;&#33;

Actually Billy, I couldn&#39;t care less.

Your buffoonish presumption of superiority in these discussions based on mysterious " friends on the ground" and thinly veiled hints about some sort of undercover/black ops backround are patently ridiculous.

As far as I can tell you certainly have a rich fantasy life, but that hardly qualifies as a basis for presumptive expertise.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #88
    BANNED
    And you would be ....??

9. The Drawing Room   -   #89
    Originally posted by Billy_Dean@10 September 2003 - 11:17
    And you would be ....??

Just a regular guy with some opinions.

You?

10. The Drawing Room   -   #90