Thread: how to remove search option from hard drive

when i double click on my hard drive it directly going for search option, when i right click on my hard drive it shows first option as search instead of open, so how to bring open as first option & search in 3rd option

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Recently, many computers are infected by a virus, mainly from mobile phones and pen drives, named ‘hacked by Godzilla viruses. It creates an auto play option on hard drives and folders. Normally, folders and hard dives opens on double clicking it, but if this virus is infected you can not open on double clicking instead only by right click and open or explore it.

If your computer affected by “Hacked by Godzilla - MS32DLL.dll.vbs” worms:-

• Your Internet Explorer title will end with “Hacked by Godzilla”
    • You might not able to open any of your drive thru double click (you still able to open/explore using right click -> explore)
      If this is your problem run try running thishttp://www.eset.com/onlinescan/
      If that doesn't work follow these instructions

• Select ‘Folder option’ by going to Tools menu from windows explorer.
    • From the pop up window go to View tab and select the ‘Show hidden files and folders
    • Uncheck ‘Hide protected Operating system files’ and click ok.
    • Open drive by right click and explore (don’t double click) and delete the following. autorun.inf and MS32DLL.dll.vbs or MS32DLL.dll (use Shift+ Delete button for delete) Do it in all your drive include floppy drive.
    • Open folder ‘Windows’ (C:\WINDOWS) and delete MS32DLL.dll.vbs or MS32DLL.dll by using Shift + delete button
    • Open registry by going to Start – Run and type regedit and hit ok
    • Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE – software-Microsoft-Windows –Current Version- Run and delete the entry MS32DLL.
    • Now go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER - Software - Microsoft -Internet Explorer - Main and delete the entry Window Title “Hacked by Godzilla” and close registry editor.
    • Open group policy editor by going to Start – Run and type gpedit.msc and click ok
    • Go to User Configuration - Administrative Templates - System. Double Click on the entry ‘Turn Off Autoplay’ from the right pane. Now ‘Turn Off Autoplay Properties’ will display and from the pop up window select ‘Enabled’ and select ‘All drive’ from Turn off Autoplay on an click OK
    • Start – Run and type ‘msconfig’ and click ok.
    • Go to start up tab and uncheck MS32DLL and click ok and close system it with out restart.
    • Now go to Tool – Folder option from windows explorer and select ‘Do not show hidden files and uncheck ‘Hide operating system files’.
    • Go to your recyclable bin and empty it to prevent any possibility of MS322DLL.dll.vbs lying there.
    • Now restart your computer.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    kooftspc11's Avatar WWW.STFU.LOL BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    strange...

very good job on finding the cause though

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    thanks for your suggestions i will try this and reply you did it worked for me

sorry actually your suggestion didn't worked for me, because my pc is not infected by virus, just trying something it came automatically, so now i am not able to remove it.
    i tell you how to bring search on hard drive you can try this in your pc and tell me how to remove it

Go to my computer, there select 'tools' menu, there select 'folder options', there again select 'File Types', there select '[NONE] Drive', after selecting this click on 'Advanced' option, you will get Edit File Type there you click on 'Set Default' and press 'OK' button, and right click on your hard drive it will show 'search' as first, instead of open & if you double click, it will go to search results

try this and tell me how to bring open option back...
    Last edited by octshik; 04-16-2008 at 01:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    backlash's Avatar usenet lover
    perhaps this may help.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windo...dows-explorer/

these should do the trick

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    thank you very much backlash it worked for me

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    backlash's Avatar usenet lover
    you're welcome. glad I could help.