Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: swedvdr problem

Nemrod's Avatar Buffering my life BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Their tracker, their rules. Nothing to complain about, in my opinion.
    And it is reasonable that if their target is to be a Swedish community, well, we must accept that.
    I canīt deny I wanted get into SweDVDr, because they have a huge collection of DVD, but Iīve been told that 90% are PAL and with Nordic subs, and if we add the fact that they obviously dislike non Nordic people, well, it would be a useless site for me.
    The other thing I noted is that many users that I know make huge efforts and upload a lot, just for getting high ranks and the required time for invites, but thatīs all, many of them havenīt watched a single release from there ever.... just leech, seed and delete.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Poster BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemrod View Post
    And it is reasonable that if their target is to be a Swedish community, well, we must accept that.
    I canīt deny I wanted get into SweDVDr, because they have a huge collection of DVD, but Iīve been told that 90% are PAL and with Nordic subs, and if we add the fact that they obviously dislike non Nordic people, well, it would be a useless site for me.
    The other thing I noted is that many users that I know make huge efforts and upload a lot, just for getting high ranks and the required time for invites, but thatīs all, many of them havenīt watched a single release from there ever.... just leech, seed and delete.
    Spot on.

So alright they want only nordic people but what if thoes users are living in other countries like UK or USA.
    Last edited by Theif; 04-16-2008 at 05:44 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    that's what almost everyone here does. not only on swedvdr.

it's not about the content. it's all about buffer, promotion, status, rank, userbars, rep points, the e-penis and most important: invites

who cares about movies or music? it's just data on the seedbox.

ot: swedvdr is a private swedish tracker. they can allow or disallow whoever they want. some of you still don't understand that you don't have any right to join or stay in a private community.

a private club is a private club. they make the rules who they want in it. if they don't want you for whatever reason - bad luck, but no reason to complain.

why do you want to be a part of a community which language you don't understand anyway?

the dvdclub is another excellent tracker for dvds, but as i just wrote - unfortunately it's not about the content. it's all about swedvdr being level "x".

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    pharaoh's Avatar King of the Desert BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    i just think that in the tracker rating thread next to swedvdr they should put something like (only accepts nordic members). so people like me don't chase it down for years only to lose it because your not nordic. i wanted it for the wide selection of movies it has. they are in pal format. but i have no problem playing pal. and actually most have english language. thedvdclub is nice. but it has no where the archives of movies that swedvdr has.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by pharaoh View Post
    i just think that in the tracker rating thread next to swedvdr they should put something like (only accepts nordic members). so people like me don't chase it down for years only to lose it because your not nordic. i wanted it for the wide selection of movies it has. they are in pal format. but i have no problem playing pal. and actually most have english language. thedvdclub is nice. but it has no where the archives of movies that swedvdr has.
    get yourself norbits, it also has big collection of dvds

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    i have a question. What is possible the smallest option of donate on swedvdr 5euro?

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    Nemrod's Avatar Buffering my life BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by adeel2 View Post
    Spot on.

So alright they want only nordic people but if thoes users are living in other countries like UK or USA.

As far as I know they allow members from other countries, but when they realize some user is not Nordic, maybe they ban him. Iīve been told that as far as I donīt say a word or give any evidence that Iīm not Swedish, I could survive. I suppose they do allow registering from any IP for that you comment.
    And I suppose too that if an user lives in Patagonia but he is Nordic, wonīt have any problem due to IP, and if he has some sure will be fixed.
    But again: thatīs based on what I think and what Iīve read, itīs not something I can swear it is so.

Anyway, the only thing relevant for me is that itīs crystal clear they are only interested in Swedish and other Nordic users. I donīt meet that requirement. Itīs OK for me, among other things, because I wouldnīt fit there (I wouldnīt be welcome and I wouldnīt feel comfortable in a place where I canīt understand a single word) besides, the superb collection they have it would be absolutely useless for me.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    znik's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    I am fed up of all these rubbish rumours about swedvdr.
    Mansour was not banned because he is non-nordic.
    He was banned because he was invited by a scammer who stole someone else's account so as to trade the invites.
    In any tracker of the world the same thing would have happened.
    Mansour why don't you tell us how you got invited there and why you haven't contacted your inviter there to help you if he is your friend?

I don't live in Scandinavia either and never had the slightest problem with my account there over a year that I am a member now.

I love the tracker, I love their unique "softbet" feature where you can gamble your seeding points, I love the speeds and their variety.
    I am not there to trade invites like most already disabled users do.

If non-nordic members were not welcome they would have banned us long time ago. They would have also made a public statement in their forums, or there would have been a tiny official post in their forums about that.

There are even members who have posted in their forums in English and are still there.

So, cut the BS and find a better excuse for being disabled.

I don't know what you have been told in their IRC to get rid of you and if that member was a staff member or not. There is also no "@" member in the staff.
    Last edited by znik; 04-16-2008 at 11:03 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    superclover's Avatar Weezy Baby
    jus to say, znik i think he changed it to "@" for security reasons =]
    ooooooooh! i get it, this is the part where i brag about what trackers i am on!

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    pharaoh's Avatar King of the Desert BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by znik View Post
    I am fed up all of these rubbish rumours about swedvdr.
    Mansour was not banned because he is non-nordic.
    He was banned because he was invited by a scammer who stole someone else's account so as to trade the invites.
    In any tracker of the world the same thing would have happened.
    Mansour why don't you tell us how you got invited there and why you haven't contacted your inviter there to help you if he is your friend?

I don't live in Scandinavia either and never had the slightest problem with my account there over a year that I am a member now.

I love the tracker, I love their unique "softbet" feature where you can gamble your seeding points, I love the speeds and their variety.
    I am not there to trade invites like most already disabled users do and that's why my invite priviliges are also intact.

If non-nordic members were not welcome they would have banned us long time ago. They would have also made a public statement in their forums, or there would have been a tiny official post in their forums about that.

There are even members who have posted in their forums in English and are still there.

So, cut the BS and find a better excuse for being disabled.

I don't know what you have been told in their IRC to get rid of you and if that member was a staff member or not. There is also no "@" member in the staff.
    as i stated i motified the staff members name. they had operator status i left the @. do you think i faked the chat log? wtf???

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast