Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The request section

SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    SAM's Avatar Fst philosopher BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    this is have nothing to do with my suggestion
    it's about split the invite section to a trade section and free invite one
    mine is about a request section.

For Serving Community

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    So if a person could request a trade how is that changing what we have now .
    SgtMajor is right, keep everything together nice and simple.
    Messy maybe but not as big as mess as separating things

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    It's the same argument - splitting the invite section into sub-forums/sections, totally unnecessary, cumbersome & extra work for all involved.

You want requests, someone else wants a trade only, someone wants a giveaway only section, it never ends.

It works as it is, not to everyone's taste - but it works, the old adage if it ain't broke don't fix it.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post

Your opinion and i respect it but i think they insane in the amount and they are useless cause most of them end up unfulfilled.
    Having rules is better than this mess.
    The only rule that is needed is the one stated above:

Ask, get and give BitTorrent Invites here.

Which includes trades, giveaways & requests all in one manageable place, perfect.
    Couldn't have said that better.

Having everything in a single section helps givers see the requests and those requesting to see what's being given. It works best for everyone.

Also, SAM, board suggestions should go in "Everything Related to the Board".

yo

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    SAM's Avatar Fst philosopher BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    @skizo
    Sorry for posting this thread here
    I think if we separate the requests from the invite section it will be better:
    1-This way we can put rules for requests by putting rules it will be organized and we won't face this much spam in every request thread.
    2-This way the members who want to help or fulfill this requests will be easier to them to keep track of the requests and find these threads.
    3-This way we will give the invite section more discipline.
    4-I think it will be easier on the mods also cause this way it will be easier to keep an eye on the request and on the spam.

Any way it's up to you to decide.not me

For Serving Community

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    lostdemon's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    @SAM
    Just because its not always shown on a requesters thread if they obtained the invite their looking for or not doesn't mean the request are always unfulfilled and useless. There are many members here that choose to keep their generousity private that do fulfill the request.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Let me explain my self more.
    many of these requests are made by new members and they copycat each other that is why i think there should be rules to stop this kind of spam.

For Serving Community

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    Let me explain my self more.
    many of these requests are made by new members and they copycat each other that is why i think there should be rules to stop this kind of spam.
    And it's not for you, or I, to tell people how to ask for an invite, or what to post in an open thread, just because you don't like how a request is posted there does not give you the right to tell people how to post there. Such arrogance does not befit you.

They copycat each other as they think it was a good request, or a successful request, and most prob do not have the English skills to change the vocabulary, so leave them alone to post away, it's all cyclic and in 3 months time there will be a different set of similar requests.

If you don't like the way it is, stay away.

There are more important things to get worked up about that the way people post.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Sanka113's Avatar Bobsled King BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Why doesn't FST copycat some of the smaller BT forums ,like

1. Have a trading subforum

2. Have a request/giveways forums

3. Have a minimum non-spam post count for request

I mean it WORKS on those sites.

Request are made with more care because because they had the "earn'" the right to post their request.

Traders and non traders don't butt heads like they do here. The traders have their own section to do their bidding, and if someone spams their thread then their may be repercussions for the offender. Then it works for the nontraders because they don't have to see the lame offers that we are accustomed to seeing in the invites section

Like I said there are many forums that have just a couple more tools that keep the forum in harmony. Why can't FST adopt those tools?

The proof is in the puddin...
    See ya in another life, brother.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast