Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: Calzaghe v Hopkins

Swollen Member
    there's no doubt Hopkins was alot stronger than Joe. i reckon if he would of caught him again with one of those big rights, like he did in the first round, Joe wouldn't of been getting back up.
    after the round with the 'low blow' incident finished, you could hear Joe saying to his dad "he's cheating, he's fucking cheating".
    but, Joe showed us what a true champion he is, didn't let it get to him and clearly out boxed Hopkins. if Hopkins watches the replay he'll see that. and, hopefully, shut the fuck up.

2. Lounge   -   #62
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    Someone pointed out that this was the same chap who refed the last Hatton fight and he wouldn't let Hatton work inside at all but that this time he didn't seem to have a problem with it.

Opinions.
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

3. Lounge   -   #63
    Swollen Member
    there was a big difference in the ref'ing this time. i don't rememeber a single body shot from Hatton because he wasn't allowed anywhere near. in this fight he keep warning them that he wouldn't put up with any rough-house tacktics, went their corners a couple of times to tell them to pack it in. yet Mayweather elbowed the shit out of Hatton all the way through their fight, got away with it everytime.
    Last edited by vinny73; 04-20-2008 at 06:14 PM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567