Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: looking for a good private torrent site

mike160's Avatar Old School

Question Mark

hello,
    i am looking for a good private torrent site that i can upload to with out haveing to rar my files anyone here know of any good ones

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    upGrayde's Avatar Tax Evader BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    goem? bitmetv?
    Alright.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    The Flying Cow's Avatar windowlicker BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Aren't you contradicting yourself there: "looking for a good private torrent site",
    "that i can upload to without having to rar my files"?

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    deuce6000's Avatar Go Giants!! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    What is the big deal about having to RAR your files?Everything about raring files is good.Talk about being lazy.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    thedemon44's Avatar Poster
    I agree, I dont see the downside to having to rar your files. Takes all of but a few seconds of clicking to do.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    kukushka's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    well, if you don't want to use what you download and don't mind to make some additional movements - of course, rar is the tool to use. but if you want your soft to be ready to install straight after leeching or you don't want two copies of movis/music etc - one for seeding, one for using - rar is not the best option. imo. :-D

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    BANNED BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Music Sites are good and don't need rar's...

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    thedemon44's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by kukushka View Post
    well, if you don't want to use what you download and don't mind to make some additional movements - of course, rar is the tool to use. but if you want your soft to be ready to install straight after leeching or you don't want two copies of movis/music etc - one for seeding, one for using - rar is not the best option. imo. :-D

Fair enough. I'll admit that if I can watch a movie directly from uTorrent I will watch it before the ones i have to unrar at least 80% of the time.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    I do enjoy downloading files in straight avi or mkv format. At the speeds you get at private sites you can watch using VLC as it downloads.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Poster BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    HDBits (and coincidentally also Hdbits.ro) don't require you to create multiplart archives or even go as far as forbidding this explicitely. I believe you will be able to upload uncompressed content on a few trackers that are not strictly limited to scene releases, zamunda and demonoid are on my mind here.

A word of education: there is little to no advantage of compressing content into multipart (rar) archives as long as you use the BitTorrent network, on the contrary it allows you to skip a time and space consuming step. It's a fact that the way downloading a torrent works (by using multiple piece hashes) is just as effective as multipart archives and it is even more convenient because bad data is automatically re-requested by the client. For the sake of downloading .avi/.mkv videos it is merely a waste of time and space to unpack the video because there is no further compression possible. It can be different for applications or games however, because those can profit from compression.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast