Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exclusive Uploads

orfik's Avatar 20th Century Boy BT Rep: +3
    Does anyone else find this practice repugnant? Someone reproduces and distributes someone else's product against their (and the laws) explicit wishes, then feels entitled to turn around and demand no one else on the site do the same. This is the definition of hypocrisy, not to mention a slap in the face of the entire idea behind filesharing.

And to everyone whose response will be "So what, get over it.", your cognitive surrender has been noted and filed.

"Be easy, my ninja."

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    yeah.... dont steal my stolen shit....

stupid
    Go Leafs Go.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Grind$oFine's Avatar get n3rd3d BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    In most cases, I find it to be very hypocritical and unfair, particularly on the 0-days with the scene torrents. It doesn't even make sense as to why it should be exclusive.. apparently the trackers feel threatened by the other 0-days.

However, on a tracker like Pedro's where it is required that the user rips their own CDs/vinyl properly, and include extras such scanned in album sleeves, and that sort of thing that takes a lot of time/effort, I do think it's fair that they have rules for other people not to upload it somewhere else and take credit - or at least get permission from the person who did all the hard work. I do believe all the files should be spread where ever possible to reach many users across numerous trackers, but I think that it would be nice if people could at least have the decency to ask to upload the files elsewhere.

That's pretty much my only exception though.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    I don't find it repugnant, but I do laugh when an uploader or a site gets seriously upset and starts to throw their teddies out of the pram for doing what you suggest.

Just gotta love double standards donchya?

I don't find it repugnant, but I do laugh when an uploader or a site gets seriously upset and starts to throw their teddies out of the pram for doing what you suggest.

Just gotta love double standards donchya?
    Last edited by SgtMajor; 04-24-2008 at 07:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by orfik View Post
    Does anyone else find this practice repugnant? Someone reproduces and distributes someone else's product against their (and the laws) explicit wishes, then feels entitled to turn around and demand no one else on the site do the same. This is the definition of hypocrisy, not to mention a slap in the face of the entire idea behind filesharing.

And to everyone whose response will be "So what, get over it.", your cognitive surrender has been noted and filed.
    this is what you get for being a member in a private tracker...

if you do not like this elitist and PRIVATE attidute just use only thepiratebay... you will have no problems there... and nobody will blame you if you will reupload their torrents on other places!!!

different sites, different rules... if you do not like the rules.. just change site... there are plenty of them

Quote Originally Posted by Grind$oFine View Post
    In most cases, I find it to be very hypocritical and unfair, particularly on the 0-days with the scene torrents. It doesn't even make sense as to why it should be exclusive.. apparently the trackers feel threatened by the other 0-days.
    because a tracker is better then another based on the uploads he have... if most of the uploads just comes directly from another site (like what happens on TL?... ) you are just running a normal tracker that have 0 exclusive things ... all the others can survive without you... but you cannot survive without the others trackers supplies....

However, on a tracker like Pedro's where it is required that the user rips their own CDs/vinyl properly, and include extras such scanned in album sleeves, and that sort of thing that takes a lot of time/effort, I do think it's fair that they have rules for other people not to upload it somewhere else and take credit - or at least get permission from the person who did all the hard work. I do believe all the files should be spread where ever possible to reach many users across numerous trackers, but I think that it would be nice if people could at least have the decency to ask to upload the files elsewhere.
    do you really think it takes more time to do a rip for pedro then in having REAL SCENE AXX as some uploaders have?? not to mention all the risks (a part the legal things... they risk in being scenebanned and the like...)
    Last edited by yayyyyyy; 04-24-2008 at 12:15 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    0-day stuff are everywhere...and u can "steal" 'em from one tracker and upload it to another without being noticed. However, overdoing it is lame. I have noticed some folks upload 0-days stuff in tracker A but their source of upload is tracker B. In other word, they upload "stolen" stuff from tracker B to tracker A. By doing so they might be enriching content of tracker A but at the meantime they are also making tracker A dependent on tracker B. Moreover, if somehow someone notices "stolen" stuff, it gives bad rep to tracker A as a whole. So, i think it's better not to over steal from another tracker, instead steal from scene...get axx (although i think scene doesn't like stuff being "stolen" )

BTW, instead of trying to justify it as "is it right?" or "is it wrong?" i think we should be looking from tracker's perspective of what is allowed and what is not allowed. Some tracker, don't prefer their stuff to be "stolen", then don't do it, it's that simple. Some tracker prefer their 0-day up not to be uploaded elsewhere for next 24 hrs, don't do that either. If someone HAS to steal and upload it somewhere, play with the rules, there are trackers which actually allow it

And, pack stealing is pretty lame (unless tracker rule and/or uploader allows it). Its disrespect to the tracker + the uploader. Moreover, stealing it in site that give "exclusive" stuff is the lamest. There are tracker with group buy torrents (theplace, bitspyder, bitseduce etc), tracker where uploader put hell of effort per torrent (like pedros and E)....those stuff shouldn't be uploaded elsewhere!

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    /uploads squirr3l to the pirate bay.
    Now go away.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    well everyone knows what i think of this "rule".

fucking stupid and we have even got a rule that says its ok to do it.

totally fucking hypocritical if you ask me.

Sory i had just woke up and read this post, but my point still stands, imo we are private because we do not like hit and runners, cheaters etc, not because the uploads are anyway exclusive.

^^and we want a community.
    Last edited by stoi; 04-24-2008 at 03:11 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    i agree with the exclusivity only when it comes to packs and such. it's the packs and requests that give each tracker it's unique content, and i agree that if these are put on that tracker, often for that specific purpose, just leave them on that tracker. 0-day rips, though, by definition, do not start on that site, thus any type of reaction to that is outrageous.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    aaatoel's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    I agree with what most guys have already said! Blaming someone for stealing typical 0-day stuff is ridiculous! But I have to agree that packs and user-upload based trackers, like pedro's and what and waffles (ok, the biggest part of their uploads) have unique content that no one should steal and upload elsewhere!
    Stop chasing, start living!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast