Thread: Seedbox Advice..

Poster BT Rep: +2
    To start off I've never had a seedbox, so I have no knowledge whatsoever about how to use one. All I want one for is so that I can keep a good ratio at TL, what.cd and a couple of boxing sites I use. I'm not someone who is going to be uploading tb's upon tb's of data all the time. With that being said, what would be a good and simple seedbox to look into getting?

I was thinking of spending about 30 pounds sterling a month. Will I need more than that?

I know these questions have been asked a million times before, but every thread I read seems to have different suggestions, so it's hard to know where to start.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    For half that amount you could get a newsgroup account and just leech material at the full speed of your connection. Plus no worries about sites being taking down, or lawsuits.

Just something to think about...

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken View Post
    For half that amount you could get a newsgroup account and just leech material at the full speed of your connection. Plus no worries about sites being taking down, or lawsuits.

Just something to think about...
    I had a go at using a few free newsgroups and couldn't work them out. Newsgroups don't cater for the sites I use most anyone ie boxing and mma. They only have the latest fights.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    EyezSS's Avatar Numb
    www.ovh.co.uk offers really nice deals. You can get kimsufi reloaded within 24 pounds with excellent specs and unlimited bandwidth. They have also started to offer free windows 2003 so setting up utorrent, ftp and other stuff won't be a problem.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    I bought a seedbox from OVH yesterday at about 6pm BST. How long do you usually have to wait before they give you an ip address and password details?

I was under the impression it was about 10 hours, but I still haven't got mine yet. Is that right?

I received my customer id/nichandle straight away, but that's all I have so far.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by EyezSS View Post
    www.ovh.co.uk offers really nice deals.
    But not for all....I am from Czech rep. and cant use this

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtOfWar View Post
    I bought a seedbox from OVH yesterday at about 6pm BST. How long do you usually have to wait before they give you an ip address and password details?

I was under the impression it was about 10 hours, but I still haven't got mine yet. Is that right?

I received my customer id/nichandle straight away, but that's all I have so far.
    Yeah, but you have to know that sometimes you can get your server in the next hour and sometimes you have to wait for 5-7 days.
    At least, do you receive the e-mail confirming your payement was successfull? If so, just wait.