Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do people just not give a shit about Demonoid ?

Annoyed's Avatar Gamer BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    I wish Demonoid would enforce rules like other private trackers.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    I do not think that Demonoid invites being thrown around willy-nilly have any reflection on the quality of its content. The beauty of Demonoid is that anyone who puts any amount of effort into getting an invite can get one. The tremendous amount of unique content on Demonoid should be available to all torrenters without having to go through the hierarchy of other private torrent sites. If someone is deterred from using Demonoid by the ease of getting an invite then it's their loss.
    I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Grind$oFine's Avatar get n3rd3d BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
    Then it would become the same as the other private trackers. What good would that do?

Content would go way down, users would go down, it wouldn't be as easy to seed...

Demonoid is so great right now, because it doesn't enforce those rules - why do you think it was impossible to find anything close to being a Demonoid replacement?

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Poster
    i am agree with what you said my bro

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Annoyed's Avatar Gamer BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by Grind$oFine View Post

Then it would become the same as the other private trackers. What good would that do?

Content would go way down, users would go down, it wouldn't be as easy to seed...

Demonoid is so great right now, because it doesn't enforce those rules - why do you think it was impossible to find anything close to being a Demonoid replacement?
    You're acting like doing something as simple as enforcing ratio would bring the site down. A lot of people talk bad about the site because of the speeds and all the douche bag hit n' runners. Which I personally do not care. Because with all that great content...the speeds are very forgivable.

But...if they would enforce something like a 1:1 ratio/72hr seed rule, that could get rid of both those problems. I'm not trashing Demonoid. I've been a member for a long time, and it's one of my favorite sites. But doing something like enforcing ratio, I don't think would hurt the site. I think it would make it just that much better.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    saqib's Avatar Levels killing BT BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
    this is the beauty of demonoid . that they are not same as other pvt trackers, but i think hit n run is quite popular there ..

here's my appeal: don't let invites become a currency!
    ( courtesy .PolarBear )

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    VIZFX's Avatar Looking at You! BT Rep: +2
    Like a lot of other ppl here, I'm very glad to have Demoniod back, and I hope that they stick around for a long time, but in order to do that then they need to have some rules regarding invites and privacy. Respect the Demon, or it will go away. Just my opnion.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    "Do people just not give a shit about Demonoid ?" - The title say's it all really .

If only the title had said it all, really . I'll answer the supposed original question, rather than the qualified Invite value crap that followed . Yes, people do give a shit about Demonoid .
    Last edited by Spillage; 04-21-2008 at 05:27 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Zaxx's Avatar Ol' Skool P2P BT Rep: +3
    I rarely ever use Demonoid myself (unless they have a super rare torrent that I just can't find elsewhere) mostly because it's one of the biggest/most popular trackers around, making them a prime target of the initials. When they go after a torrent site they want to take out the largest and most popular tracker(s) first when they can. (suprnova, torrrent spy, loki, oink). Imo semi-private doesn't mean much. Add to that the OP's point as well. So what if I'm a bit on the paranoid side...
    "It's not what ya got, it's what you give."
    Please do not PM me for invites. Thx.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    KSA's Avatar Pro Skater BT Rep: +5
    Demonoid is fine as it's.
    FLiP all the way!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast