Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SCT account stolen

EyezSS's Avatar Numb
    Quote Originally Posted by myfranco View Post
    @SgtMajor you're wrong.Once you want to change your e-mail adress in your profile,you enter the new e-mail and the confirmation is sent to the new e-mail not the old one.Here is what's written in SCT:
    In order to change your email address, you will receive another confirmation email to your new address.
    You're wrong! You need to confirm from old email account first and only then you can confirm from new email id.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by DeepBlue View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor View Post
    You can't change email in ScT without having access to the original email as it sends a request to that email to confirm it is a valid change of email request.

So no-one will help you as you cannot be helped as your account cannot be stolen.

Maybe you are using the wrong email you registered with, or you need to come up with a better excuse than "account stolen".
    That was my biggest mistake.
    The details of the sct account and gmail were exactly the same. I can not access my gmail account either.
    R U a member of ptn???

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    You can't change email in ScT without having access to the original email as it sends a request to that email to confirm it is a valid change of email request.

So no-one will help you as you cannot be helped as your account cannot be stolen.

Maybe you are using the wrong email you registered with, or you need to come up with a better excuse than "account stolen".
    The details of the sct account and gmail were exactly the same. I can not access my gmail account either.
    You will have to convince ScT Admin that you are telling the truth, no-one here will be able to help you (unless Sct staff happen to see your post here).

There's obvious security concerns with anyone popping into ScT and saying that such & such account was stolen, oh and his mail was too.

And sometimes we have to learn a lesson the hard way, and you might have just learned one of them.
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Poster BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    This is not related to thread OP but i personally know one person who was scammed in trade so he went to irc and made up that his account got hacked but admins refused to believe him and neither did they ban the account.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by tweakz View Post
    R U a member of ptn???
    No I am not.

You will have to convince ScT Admin that you are telling the truth, no-one here will be able to help you (unless Sct staff happen to see your post here).

There's obvious security concerns with anyone popping into ScT and saying that such & such account was stolen, oh and his mail was too.

And sometimes we have to learn a lesson the hard way, and you might have just learned one of them.
    I can easily proof I am telling the truth.

Please guys, do not spam this thread if You are not going to helping me.
    Donīt turn things more difficult for me. That's all I ask.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by EyezSS View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by myfranco View Post
    @SgtMajor you're wrong.Once you want to change your e-mail adress in your profile,you enter the new e-mail and the confirmation is sent to the new e-mail not the old one.Here is what's written in SCT:
    In order to change your email address, you will receive another confirmation email to your new address.
    You're wrong! You need to confirm from old email account first and only then you can confirm from new email id.
    Exactly.

Somebody obviously doesn't understand the word "another".
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    tweakz, no I am not.
    Please guys, if you are not here to help me, please donīt turn things more difficult for me.
    I can easily give all the proofs the staff need.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Torrent Lover BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by EyezSS View Post

Exactly.

Somebody obviously doesn't understand the word "another".
    To verify,i changed my e-mail adress i used for SCT and you're right.However,the same phrase is written on avout every tracker.
    Here is what's written in Revo:
    "In order to change your email address, you will receive another confirmation email to your new address."
    This is the first time i've seen that both e-mails must be owned to change for SCT.This is a very good protection.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    tweakz, no I am not.
    Please guys, if you are not here to help me, please donīt turn things more difficult for me.
    I can easily give all the proofs the staff need.

sct staff is going to see this thread. it will be helpful when you post your sct username so they can check the account.

if it's deepblue i can only tell you that you account has been disabled.
    Last edited by Polarbear; 04-21-2008 at 11:05 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Poster
    It's not deepblue, his acc is active and someone logged in an hour ago. Staff is informed.
    P2P, let's talk about it on .org

Lookin' for: nothing atm, just some tracker I could enjoy and devote on

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast