Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: FST Should Respect The Rules Of Trackers And Uphold Them Here!

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    People's value sets are remarkably different aren't they.
    At some level there needs to be honor among thieves. For criminals one the most important things is having people around them that they trust implicitly.
    The more serious your crimes the more important this becomes.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Das Fox feel free to start up your own invite forum and you can then enforce whichever set of rules you like there.

I think J Dye said it well, would these trackers enforce FST rules?? HELL NO. The truth of the matter is that most sites don't give a 5hit about trading invites some of them don't even care about trading accts. Those are the facts for the others that do care they are encouraged to join here and help members here and in turn if they are noticed as good active helpful members then we will ask them to become Community Reps for their site.

As far as talking shit about Skizo not a good idea. I cannot speak for him but I myself know of some "so called honor" and just like the majority of the NY mob scene, is isn't like that anymore bro. Many many sites get into behind the scenes bitch fights with each other and these same sites try and attack each other constantly.

Another point is these sites that do not want their sites invites traded will have invite sections of their own now officially there is no trading sure but what happens through PM who knows.

FST encourages our members to follow their tracker rules and if they get banned for trading then don't come crying to us because you broke rules of another tracker, we cannot police the entire internet for every Bit Torrent related trouble that ever was. Sorry if I come across as harsh I just find this a bit pompous and pretentious of you to say what FST should and should not do when you only joined here in Feb and have less than 400 posts now maybe you are big somewhere else but here my man to most of the true "old schoolers" thats not considered a very long time

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    psychophil's Avatar Member BT Rep: +2
    Jezus DasFox,
    I never thought there were people as old as me here.
    If somebody wishes to give me an invite to a tracker, I've been around long enough to know the RULES
    As for people going to jail, if they are good at what they do they won't get caught.

Just read your post Detale, TRUE
    Last edited by psychophil; 04-22-2008 at 10:43 PM.
    The Community is nothing without sharing !!!

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post
    Das Fox feel free to start up your own invite forum and you can then enforce whichever set of rules you like there.

I think J Dye said it well, would these trackers enforce FST rules?? HELL NO. The truth of the matter is that most sites don't give a 5hit about trading invites some of them don't even care about trading accts. Those are the facts for the others that do care they are encouraged to join here and help members here and in turn if they are noticed as good active helpful members then we will ask them to become Community Reps for their site.

As far as talking shit about Skizo not a good idea. I cannot speak for him but I myself know of some "so called honor" and just like the majority of the NY mob scene, is isn't like that anymore bro. Many many sites get into behind the scenes bitch fights with each other and these same sites try and attack each other constantly.

Another point is these sites that do not want their sites invites traded will have invite sections of their own now officially there is no trading sure but what happens through PM who knows.

FST encourages our members to follow their tracker rules and if they get banned for trading then don't come crying to us because you broke rules of another tracker, we cannot police the entire internet for every Bit Torrent related trouble that ever was. Sorry if I come across as harsh I just find this a bit pompous and pretentious of you to say what FST should and should not do when you only joined here in Feb and have less than 400 posts now maybe you are big somewhere else but here my man to most of the true "old schoolers" thats not considered a very long time
    Sorry I wasn't talking shit about Skizo, I did mention in that post that I didn't mean any disrespect to him...

Sorry this isn't about telling anyone what to do and what not to do, it's just about respecting each other that's all...

Anyhow....

Of course there are problems everywhere you go as you mentioned, scenes bitch fights, people attacking all over the place etc....

The thing is they are not out in public forums like this, and if they are I certainly have never seen this.

I'm only making suggestions not only for the good of FST but the members here, and the filesharing community in large, because we are out in the open, something quite different from what goes on behind the curtains, if you understand my point...

PEACE

Quote Originally Posted by psychophil View Post
    Jezus DasFox,
    I never thought there were people as old as me here.
    If somebody wishes to give me an invite to a tracker, I've been around long enough to know the RULES
    As for people going to jail, if they are good at what they do they won't get caught.

Just read your post Detale, TRUE
    LOL, I am an old timer, and as far as going to jail over something like this, just remember there is always someone better then the next person to catch you...

Anyhow enough said on my part, I hope you guys didn't take anything I said the wrong way, I'm not here to bark out orders, LOL, I'm just trying to share a little to help make this a better place, that's all...

PEACE
    Last edited by DasFox; 04-22-2008 at 10:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Quote Originally Posted by WowZrBowser View Post
    Think of it in this manner. It shouldnt be the mods job to police forums for traders and such...

For example...
    Microsoft releases a new product in their lineup.
    Bob steals it and releases it on the internet.
    While Macromedia products support windows....
    It doesnt mean Microsoft can contact Macromedia and ask them to police their products for illegal windows copies....

Its basically up to Microsoft to police their own software from their end... nobody else is gonna do it for free... maybe some other companies will if they get paid to do so.

^^^ The way I see it when we ban traders.
    Its our own damn job to catch them. FST is not gonna do it for us. And we shouldnt expect them to.

Good point!

The trackers need to police themselves, I guess what I meant was just to have some help over here as well...

PEACE
    Last edited by DasFox; 04-22-2008 at 10:59 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Has it been six months already, doesn't time fly when one is having fun?

Hey Skizo, best set the alarm watch for Oct 2008 when the next lot of honourable newbs will have been here a month a two and will want to set the world on the straight & narrow path to righteousness and try to tell you how to do your job

/me goes looking for my old t-shirt
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by DasFox View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WowZrBowser View Post
    Think of it in this manner. It shouldnt be the mods job to police forums for traders and such...

For example...
    Microsoft releases a new product in their lineup.
    Bob steals it and releases it on the internet.
    While Macromedia products support windows....
    It doesnt mean Microsoft can contact Macromedia and ask them to police their products for illegal windows copies....

Its basically up to Microsoft to police their own software from their end... nobody else is gonna do it for free... maybe some other companies will if they get paid to do so.

^^^ The way I see it when we ban traders.
    Its our own damn job to catch them. FST is not gonna do it for us. And we shouldnt expect them to.

Good point!

I the trackers need to police themselves, I guess what I meant was just to have some help over here as well...

PEACE
    They do have help, if they choose. Check out the sticky on guidelines and you'll see a few sites listed that are not allowed to be traded here.
    As said, its up to the trackers to police themselves, and fst is actually helping if you look hard enough.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor View Post
    Has it been six months already, doesn't time fly when one is having fun?

Hey Skizo, best set the alarm watch for Oct 2008 when the next lot of honourable newbs will have been here a month a two and will want to set the world on the straight & narrow path to righteousness and try to tell you how to do your job

SgtMajor goes looking for his old t-shirt
    I admit the title of the post should not of been written like it was looking like a demand, the point of the post was just about everyone trying to help is all, nothing else really, I'm not here to tell anyhow how to do their jobs, and I'm no ones Noob either, even if I've been here a short period of time, I've been around this whole scene since the day it was born...

Anyhow I didn't mean to make a post that came off like I was a jerk, or a Noob, or trying to push my weight around, sorry if you took it the wrong way, I'm just saying let's help the Filesharing community out, for the sake of the filesharing community, that's all, now is that really so terrible?

PEACE

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    LaPistola's Avatar about BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by DasFox View Post
    I've been around this whole scene since the day it was born...
    You obviously haven't...
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab View Post
    I don't know about the north but in the south an Englishman is about as welcome as a fart in a space suit.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    ughh the OP comes off as such a pretentious suck up

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast